cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Pixma printer gives message "printer offline." How do I correct this? Computer is Mac 10.6.8

cbw
Apprentice

"Printer offline" problem.  How to correct.

19 REPLIES 19

Thank you so much!!!!  Love the step-wise instructions!  Worked perfectly

This way does not work. It made things worse. I did everything as instructed but when I went to add the default, my printer did not come up, now I have a larger problem.

Hi samu,

If you've tried the suggestions on the previoius page, and you're still having issues, you'll need to contact support. Our US-based team is available weekdays from 10am to 10pm (ET) at 1-800-OK-CANON (800-652-2666). Support at Canon USA is always free.

If you're not in the USA, please click HERE for support options. 

This way does not work. It made things worse. I did everything as instructed but when I went to add the default, my printer did not come up, now I have a larger problem.

I'm on Mac OSX High Sierra 10.13.6. I have been using my Canon MP550 for almost 10 years without any problems moving up from earlier versions of OS9 to the 10s. Suddenly I'm getting "printer offline" statements. I have unplugged, re-plugged, change ports, done all that I can including following your instructions to delete the MP550 from the printer/scanner 

list under System Preferences but when I click on Default my printer does not show up. Any suggestions? Thanks. Sten

redraider90
Apprentice

I've got this same problem, suddenly, on Win 7. It has worked for several years now, now all of a sudden will start blinking yellow, but read "printer is offline."
What gives? Any ideas?

I have HP with the same error. HP released the tool that fix it without user input and need to study, just two clicks. On the other hand canon is just terrible at any kind of servise. Their pathetic software cannot even point to the coorect website on the net from the driver program in windows. You want to have no problem with Canon equipment? Never buy that crap in first place! A mistake, I will never make again.

raelanderson
Apprentice

I already have had to re-set up my Canon Pixma printer wirelessly with my computer once before, and now I have to delete it from my laptop aaaaaagain and re-set it up aaaaagain, and it happens at the worst times. I feel like ditching this printer and getting a different brand. It's so ridiculous. I am supposed to be printing off employment laws for a disciplinary meeting, and this crap happens. Way to go!

I have the same problem. I'm using Windows 10 and I'm hard wired. HELP!!!

Same here. Pixma ip100 printer, Windows 10. Worked, then didn't. Re-installed the driver, then it worked, and then it didn't.

I'd sure like some help. I use the cable.

Announcements