11-23-2014 06:51 PM
I replaced my now defunct HP Windows 7 computer with an HP ENVY Windows 8.1 computer. During the setup of my new computer, it found driver, but that driver had limited scanning capability, i.e., it could not save scanned pages directly to PDF format. Therefore, I went to the Canon website and downloaded the latest recommended driver set for my PIXMA MX882 printer. After its installation, I now have no scanner functionality at all. How can I restore that ffunction?
11-26-2014 03:56 AM
Completely uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers for the printer may resolve the issue you are experiencing. To uninstall the current drivers from your computer, please follow these steps:
1. On your keyboard, hold the Windows key and press " X ".
2. Click CONTROL PANEL.
3. Select the UNINSTALL A PROGRAM option under the PROGRAMS section.
4. Locate your PIXMA MX870 in the list and select the UNINSTALL option.
5. Press the EXECUTE button, and if prompted if you are sure that you want to uninstall the drivers, please click on YES. Please note: If you get an error message that uninstallation cannot be completed because there is a print job in the queue, please follow these steps to remove the print jobs:
5-1. On your keyboard, hold the Windows key and press " X ".
5-2. Click CONTROL PANEL.
5-3. Select DEVICES AND PRINTERS. The Devices and printers window opens.
5-4. Find the icon for the PIXMA MX882 and right-click over it and then select SEE WHAT'S PRINTING.
5-5. In the window that opens, please go up the FILE menu and select CANCEL ALL DOCUMENTS.
5-6. If prompted are you sure you want to cancel the documents, click on YES. The documents should be deleted from the queue. If they are not, please perform the steps above until the documents clear the queue.
5-7. Close the print queue and Devices and Printers window, and then attempt uninstallation again starting with step 1 above.
6. The printer drivers should begin uninstalling. Once uninstallation is completed, please press the COMPLETE button to finalize the uninstallation.
Once the drivers are uninstalled, please restart your computer and then attempt to reinstall the drivers for the printer from the Canon USA website here. Please be sure to download and install the MP Navigator program from the Software section, in addition to the MP drivers for the printer from the Recommended for You section to assist you with scanning PDF documents. Once the drivers and software are reinstalled, please attempt to scan again.
Hope this helps!
This didn't answer your question or issue? Please call or email us at one of the methods on the Contact Us page for further assistance.