cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My MX922 is suddenly asking me to "set my PC to start scanning".

nancyo
Apprentice

My MX922 had been working without any problems until today it suddenly is not connected to my PC. I get a message to "set my PC to start scanning". How and where do I do this? The printer shows up on my inventory of devices but clearly is not speaking to my pc.

3 REPLIES 3

Danny

Hi, nancyo!

So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know exactly which operating system is running on your computer. That, and any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, our US-based technical support team is ready to help by phone at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) weekdays between 10 AM and 10 PM ET (7 AM to 7 PM PT).

Thanks and have a great day!

stevensickler
Apprentice

We have a PC running Windows 7. The printer function runs OK.

But when we push the scan start button on the MX922, we continually get "set my PC to start scanning"

We also have a laptop running Windows 8.1 using the MX922 over a wireless WiFi network. The print function is OK on the laptop too.

Hi stevensickler,

When scanning wirelessly, you will want to ensure that the IJ Network Scanner Selector EX is running on your computer if you are receiving the "Set PC to Start Scanning" message.  To do this, from the Start menu, select All Programs > Canon Utilities > IJ Network Scanner Selector EX > IJ Network Scanner Selector EX.  

More information on scanning over the network can be found here

Hope this helps!

This didn't answer your question or issue? Please call or email us at one of the methods on the Contact Us page for further assistance.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements