cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My MX892 will not power on

david2385
Apprentice

I have had my MX892 printer for about 2.5 years without any issues. Today it will no longer turn on, display do not even light up. However, if I unplug it for a few minutes and then plub it back in and then press the power button and hold it, the display does turn on for less than a second and beeps and then turns off again.

Is there anything I can try to correct this issue?

36 REPLIES 36

Canon contacted me with an offer to buy one of their printers at a discounted price. I'll look Into it and see if it's worth it.

that does not really help me.... i needed a printer so i had to go buy a new one but thanks.... sucks that Canon had no explaination... it just stopped working...

I just had the same problem.  In the middle of printing, it turned off.  Darn.

easygoer
Apprentice

I have the exact same issue - the printer was working fine one morning and then all of a sudden completely shut off. No power, LCD display. Seems like a ploy by Canon to kill the printer after warranty expires if so many of us are having this problem. Time for a Class action!

jsavoy4
Apprentice

Any luck getting it back on?  My MX892 will not power back on either.  I've tried everything.  It's only 2 years old.  It seems like it just died...Smiley Sad

No luck. I bought an Epson. My printer was also about two years old. Darn.

Seems to be a bit of an epidemic. Loved this printer - told others to buy one - and today it just stopped in the middle of a two page print. Now it will not power on. I've unplugged, waited, and tried again but it is simply dead. Not cool - I just bought new ink cartridges.

Has anyone heard from Canon why this happens?

Quickset45
Apprentice

Mine died, maybe I had 2 ink cycles with it.  It was my fax machine so I left it on all the time, and I used it a few times a week. It died in the middle of a print job.  Now I can't get any power light to show, I'm wondering if there is a fix for this?  Can I buy a new powersupply unit?

I had to be a downer.. but I also had an MX860 that died within a year and a half.

What gives Canon?

My Pixma MX 850 has been working for several years since I bought it without problem - today it just decided to power off and will not power on. Was using it this morning and when I came back 30 minutes later, it was powered down and is absolutely dead. Tried unplugging for  5 minutes as suggested, but no help. It acts as if there is a short in the unit somewhere as the initial draw when plugging causes arcing at the plug

Ideas?

tydirium
Apprentice

Our printer SUDDENLY quit as well.  There was no change in anything and it simply will not power on.

Other than the fact that Canon printers are an absolute suck of ink costs, this really caps it for me.

Call me angry especially seeing when other people suddenly are having the same problem..all at the same time.  Wow, what a coincidence!

Announcements