cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My MX892 will not power on

david2385
Apprentice

I have had my MX892 printer for about 2.5 years without any issues. Today it will no longer turn on, display do not even light up. However, if I unplug it for a few minutes and then plub it back in and then press the power button and hold it, the display does turn on for less than a second and beeps and then turns off again.

Is there anything I can try to correct this issue?

36 REPLIES 36

azawesome
Apprentice

Mine died too Smiley Sad

So after leaving the unresponsive printer unplugged for 24 hrs I tried to plug in and turn on, I got a B200 error, so I read another forum on here about that error. A person said to follow these steps:

"Here is what worked for me: 1. Turn OFF Power 2. Open the print head bay (as though you were about to change inks) 3. Turn ON power 4. Wait for print carriage to start moving to the left and let it go past half way 5. Before print carriage reaches left hand side (but after going halfway across) shut the cover. 6. Leave the Printer turned on 7. Good to go. It took 2 attempts before it worked. Some people said it took 3-4 attempts. Now, prior to this, I did clean the pads the cartridges sit on and used a qtip to wipe the encoder strip. I`m not sure if it was the combination of those things or just doing the fix."

This actaully worked for me without any cleaning 🙂

THANK YOU - that worked!

892CannonMX
Apprentice

Bienriff
Apprentice

Is there anything I can do? Seems like a lot of people have had this problem. If not may have to buy a different make!

I thought I had mine fixed, but it didn't last.  Don't waste your time.  Shop around for a deal on a new printer.  I got a good deal on a new Canon (but not from Canon directly).  At least I know it is designed to fail someday.  In the meantime,  I have a good printer at a good price.

mpeg
Apprentice

Bought MX892 on December, 2012, yesterday it has the exact same problem. Read all replied and it seems it doesn't worthy to the time to contact Canon at all. Very disappointed with the quality. 

Announcements