cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My MX472 will not scan. Window says "PC Not connected". Wireless network is fine.

mcwatte
Apprentice

Scanning function does not work.  Before the wireless network was installed Scan function worked.

5 REPLIES 5

Ramona
Authority

Hi mcwatte,

You will need to have the Canon IJ Network Scanner Selector EX running on your computer in order to scan wirelessly.  To ensure it is running, please do the following, according to which operating system is on your computer:

Windows XP/Vista/7

From the Start menu on your computer, select All Programs, then Canon Utilities, then IJ Network Scanner Selector EX (folder), then IJ Network Scanner Selector EX (program).  When launched, the icon appears in the notification area of the taskbar.

Windows 8

From the Windows Start screen, near the bottom of the window below the tiles you will see a down arrow.  Please click on the arrow, then look for the Canon Utilities section and click on the icon for the IJ Network Scanner Selector EX. 

Mac

From the Go menu of Finder, select Applications, then double-click the Canon Utilities folder, IJ Network Scanner Selector EX folder, then Canon IJ Network Scanner Selector EX icon.

Once the program is running, please attempt to scan again.

Hope this helps!

This didn't answer your question or issue? Please call or email us at one of the methods on the Contact Us page for further assistance.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Hello,

I tried your steps above and "Canon IJ Network Scanner Selector EX" is currently running, yet it still says "PC not connected".  This happens 100% of the time I try to scan.  Usually, if I restart both the computer and printer (which alone is annoying, but if it works I can deal with it), it will then work, but it is not helping today.  Further suggestions? TIA

HI mandadavis04,

It is recommended that you contact live technical support . There is NO charge for this call. Real time feedback of a live technical support call would be very beneficial in this case.

Please dial 1-866-261-9362, Monday - Friday 10:00 a.m. - 10:00 p.m. ET (excluding holidays). A Canon technical support representative will be able to resolve this issue faster.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

rcoor
Apprentice

I am having the same problem.  The scanner used to work.  I may have inadvertently changed the settings - don't know.  The printer works fine.  I really need the scanner.

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi rcoor,

You own the PIXMA MX472, is that correct?

What version of Windows is installed on your computer?

If you are using a Mac, what version of OSX is installed?

Are you using your PIXMA MX472 wirelessly?   Or with a USB cable?

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements