cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My MX430 keeps going offline and won't print

sallyb
Apprentice

My MX430 is set up for wireless printing and keeps going offline and won't print.  I have reinstalled the software several times and it keeps happening.  It is my only printer and is set as the default.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi sallyb,

Printer offline may indicate that the printer driver is not configured properly.  Please try the following to resolve the issue:

1.  Click Start.

2.  Click Control Panel.

3.  Click Hardware and Sound.

4.  Click Devices and Printers.

5.  Right click the MX430 Printer and click Printer Properties.

6.  Click the Ports tab.

7.  Make sure that the checkmark is on the port that starts with CNBJNP, then click OK and try to print.

If the CNBJNP port was already selected please try right clicking the MX430 printer and click See Whats Printing.  When the print queue opens, click Printer and remove the checkmark on Use Printer Offline by clicking on it, then try printing again.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

25 REPLIES 25

Hi mulde1ka,

I would like to have you print the LAN details from the printer to determine the printer's status on the network.  To do this, please follow the steps located here.  Please reply with the values contained in the Signal Strength and TCP/IP version fields.

If this is a time-sensitive matter, additional support options are available at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

perfect! thank you very much.

This work for the MX922 also.

Works for windows 10 too - need to adjust the last part a bit.

Thanks. Always curious how the heck anyone solves these things.

This has been bugging me for years!!  

Operation system. Windows 7

cannon mx340 is off line but every thing is hooked up

[Removed personal information per Forum Guidelines]

Zimmett,

Try uninstalling the MP Drivers and IJ Network Tool (if the printer is being used wirelessly).  Then download the latest drivers from our www.usa.canon.com website to see if this helps with your issue.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

scherff
Apprentice

Same problem,  using windows 8.

please help.

I'm having the same problem with windows 8. someone please help.

Hi scherrf and dspider100, thanks for posting!

The solution steps provided in previous posts may need to be customized, since you're working on a newer Operating System.  We'd like to walk you through the steps; please use the link below to get in touch with us, so we can get you up and running as soon as possible!

Contact Us

My Pixma MX920 keeps going offline and will not print.  I have Windows 10.  This just started.  If I shut the computer down and start it again, then it prints for awhile but then it goes offline again.

Announcements