cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My MX430 keeps going offline and won't print

sallyb
Apprentice

My MX430 is set up for wireless printing and keeps going offline and won't print.  I have reinstalled the software several times and it keeps happening.  It is my only printer and is set as the default.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi sallyb,

Printer offline may indicate that the printer driver is not configured properly.  Please try the following to resolve the issue:

1.  Click Start.

2.  Click Control Panel.

3.  Click Hardware and Sound.

4.  Click Devices and Printers.

5.  Right click the MX430 Printer and click Printer Properties.

6.  Click the Ports tab.

7.  Make sure that the checkmark is on the port that starts with CNBJNP, then click OK and try to print.

If the CNBJNP port was already selected please try right clicking the MX430 printer and click See Whats Printing.  When the print queue opens, click Printer and remove the checkmark on Use Printer Offline by clicking on it, then try printing again.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

25 REPLIES 25

Hi tjwells4,

Troubleshooting with our support group will be needed to narrow down the cause of your issues. Please contact our support group using the "Contact Us" link below for additional assistance. You will have the option to speak to one of our phone or live chat agents.

Contact Us.

We look forward to hearing from you.

I worked with the support line and thought everything was fixed.  It printed the trial with no problem.  Now, after a day has gone by and when I tried to print something, it says the printer is still offline.

Another_Victim
Contributor

On 2014-10-06 I posted the details of the solution that worked for me at a similar Canon forum:

http://forums.usa.canon.com/t5/Printer-Multifunction-Support/Mx920-Wireless-printing-problem/m-p/118...

It continues to work for me.  The wireless printer connection hasn't failed since then.

It's a permanent solution that you only need to do once. (It isn't a workaround that wakes the printer temporarily after its connection fails.)

The solution involves using your computer's web browser software to access the printer's built-in web server (by entering the printer's IPv4 address into the web browser's address field), going to the printer's Settings webpage, and entering a value in the Location property. (Which was blank by default.)

If you try it, please post (preferably in that other Canon forum) a few days afterward, to report whether it solved the problem.

Good luck!

Sohashaaban
Apprentice
I still have z same problem. With windows 8 I still can't z printer status online. I can't find z port mentioned in z above comments. I reinstalled from z cd but still problem not fixed

Hello, I am having the same problem. But, I have a MX922 printer, and a Chrome OS on a Chromebook.

twopiers
Apprentice

I am also having this problem on Yosemite 10.10.5. If I turn the printer off, then on again, network connection is restored. It just won't keep the connection alive for more than a few hours.

I did print the LAN details when the connection was active and printing was working. Signal Strength is 56% and TCP/IP Version is IPv4 & IPv6. Hope this helps.

Please advise. Thank you!

Announcements