cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My MX420 won't scan. It says my USB is unplugged! Help

Specialred14
Apprentice

I have an MX420 all-in-one printer and recently needed to use the scanner. It looked very simple until I pressed "SCAN". The error message on my laptop said "Cannot scan for these reasons. Scanner is turned off, USB cable is disconnected. Please check and try again. Error Code 2,156,50."

The printer was plugged in and switched on, the scanner light is on and the USB cable is plugged into the laptop. Just to be sure, I changed the machine from scanning to printing, selected a page to print and clicked "Print". It worked with no problems at all. I tried changing to another port, (there are 3 ports on my lapto) with no success. It just kept showing the same message!

I tried changing it to wireless. Followed all the instructions and got wireless connection, but when I tried to scan it only gave me the choice of a pc connection with local USB!!!!!! I use Norton 360 for security. The scanner worked fine when we got the machine, but I haven't used it in 2 years. I've taken all advice from others on this forum, from youtube and from other on-line sources, but none of it has worked. My laptop automatically updates every week too!

Please can someone help me! This thing cost a fortune but it wont even do a simple scan.

0 REPLIES 0
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements