cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My MP960 printer printed one page today, and suddenly quit. It will not start up again.

rucangra
Apprentice

My MP960 printer printed one page today, and suddenly quit. It will not start up again. I'm a retired master electrician and I checked the power output and the power cord to the machine and everything is OK. I looked for a fuse location, but was not able to find any. Can anyone help me get my wonderful printer starter again? Thank you.

5 REPLIES 5

Jason
Whiz

Hello rucangra!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, we'd suggest reaching out to our technical support team through the following link: Contact Us.  The forums are not intended for immediate support.

Thanks!

Unfortunately, tech support charges a minimum of 60 dollars.

Hi, rucangra.

We're sorry to hear about the technical support experience you had.  However, we strongly suspect that whomever you called was not an official Canon representative, but a third-party technical support service that was not affiliated with Canon in any respect.  We do not charge for technical support. 

You are always welcome and encouraged to contact Canon Support directly at the link below. From there, you may choose phone or email support, and we're always ready and happy to assist any way we can.  We hope this clarifies!

http://bitly.com/ContactCanon

I have had the same problem with my MX860... I am very sad... I just bought new set of Ink for it & I went to open the top and noticed that the print head would not move into position... then I closed the lid and noticed that ONLY THE YELLOW :ALARM: light was on... It will not turn ON and the Yellow light only goes out when I unplug the unit.  I tried the UNPLUG to reset and nothing happened when I plugged it back in and pushed the Power button on.  I have it on a HUGE SURGE PROTECTOR And we have not had a storm in Weeks!  My Laptop & Phone is plugged into the same surge/power back up.. besides, I know it's getting power or the Yellow ALARM LIGHT would not be on... Anyone have any IDEAS? The HELP staff is off for the WEEK END now..

Hello.

To try and resolve this issue, please unplug the power from the unit for about 25-30 minutes.  Once this time frame has passed, plug the unit in directly to a wall outlet to see if the printer will power on.

If these troubleshooting steps do not work, feel free to call us at 1-800-OKCANON.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements