cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My MG5250 scanner has stopped working

Shugwood
Apprentice

Hi - I hope someone can help me.

I've a well-established Pixma MG5250 and I've been using a wifi connection to print and to scan successfully. Something's happened - maybe I inadvertently deleted an important file - but the scanner no longer works. When I try running Navigator it gives me the "Cannot start the MP Navigator EX. Check the following points......" message. When I look on the printer itself, it seems to think that the scanner is connected by USB rather than wifi.

I've tried all the suggestions I've found including

Uninstalloing everything and reinstalling

Deleting all network shortcuts

Checking the Twain 32 folder

Temporarily disabling Windows Firewall

Any thoughts?

3 REPLIES 3

jefferyrazali
Apprentice

few of my friend did encounter the same problem and all of them using Windows 7 32bit. But even myself are using the same OS but havent encounter this problem yet so far. however, i did heard that the causes to this problem is from Windows itself. Some of them said that after did the Windows update this problem will occur whereby you cant perform scanning. we have done exactly as the steps you do but end up nothing happen. 

Appreciate if anyone here could feedback if you are encountering the same issue on your laser printer or inkjet printer. 

I own a MG7520 that is doing the same thing " the scanner stop working for no reason"  I have updated Drivers and software to latest version with no change. My OS is XP service pack 3. Any body has any idea what is causing this to happen?

Hi kenn,

Do you have the printer connected wirelessly or via USB cable?

If this is a time-sensitive matter, additional support options are available at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements