cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Image Garden does not enable scanner

rwood359
Apprentice

I just installed Ny Image Garden.  The printer is functional (MG6220), but the scanner is greyed out - not enabled.

Canon Navigator and my other photo editor recognize and use the scanner.

I have installed both the network and USB drivers to no avail.

Any suggestions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I removed then reloaded all Canon software and Drivers............. Problem gone

View solution in original post

53 REPLIES 53

dina
Apprentice

HELP!!!

hello everyone,

After installing My image garden on my mac with macOS Mojave system, the scanner is not able, showing in gray icon(as shown in picture below). It is a Cannon/Pixma mp490 printer I have and an usb cable i use to connect to my computer. Have tried to uninstall the software and download all the drivers for that printer from the official Cannon webpage and seems like nothing happened.

HELP!!! Thank you in advance!

Best DinaSkærmbillede 2019-04-03 kl. 19.28.52.png

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi dina,

The MP490 is not compatible with the Mojave operating system. You can try downloading and installing the Mac OS 10.12 Sierra versions of the drivers and software from the Canon USA website HERE to see if this will allow the printer to work with your operating system so that you can scan using MP Navigator and My Image Garden. 

You will want to download and install the CUPS, Scanner and ICA Drivers from the DRIVERS section of the webpage, and the MP Navigator Opener and MP Navigator EX files from the SOFTWARE section of the page.  If using the printer wirelessly, please also download the Canon IJ Network Tool from the SOFTWARE section of the page. 

Prior to downloading the drivers, please ensure that the OS X Sierra v10.12 operating system is selected in the "Operating System" field on the page so that drivers for that operating system are displayed.  Please also install the items in the order listed above.

If it does work, there may be some limitations which are unknown to Canon. If the older software does not work, you do qualify for our Upgrade program.

This option allows you a one-time opportunity to purchase a new or refurbished product that uses Canon’s newest technologies, including such features as built-in WiFi, Airprint and Cloud Print, carries a one year limited manufacturer’s warranty, and to help you get up and running quickly, we also offer free ground shipping.

If you would like to take advantage of this offer, please call our Sales Department at (866) 443-8002 seven days a week, 8 AM to midnight EST. Let them know you have been working with email technical support and that the Canon Upgrade Program was offered

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

LLLLLLL
Apprentice

Hello,

I'm using the Canon MX922 on an iMac 2019 with MacOS Mojave 10.14.6 (18G95).

Like other users here, I can do the following:

• Use the scanner using MacOS or third party ("PDFScanner") apps.

However, when I load My Image Garden, the scanner button on the "Guide Menu" is greyed out. I cannot seem to access the scanner.

According to the Canon MX922 product web site, this is still supported under Mojave.

Can you please advise what steps I can take to troubleshoot this and restore scanner functionality through My Image Garden?

Thank you.

Hi LLLLLLL,

Please install the scanner driver for your PIXMA MX922:

1.  Visit Canon's website at: http://usa.canon.com/support

2.  Type PIXMA MX922 in the "Enter a Model" box and click GO.

3.  Click on the Drivers & Downloads button.

4.  Please click the Select button next to the "MX920 series Scanner Driver Ver.19.1.0h (Mac)".

5.  Click the Download button.

6.  If a Save dialog box appears, click Save.

7.  Once the download is complete, open your Downloads folder.

8.  Double click [msd_-mac-mx920-19_1_0h-ea11.dmg].  A new disk image will be created.

9.  Double click the new disk image, follow the prompts and the installation will complete.

Once installed, please attempt to scan.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

rloop
Apprentice

My situation.   MX922 printer and my quick menu current release.   Download driver and access printer via wiFi.   My quick menu setup has blank for the scanner funtion.   Windows found the printer and can print to the printer.   Windows reconzsied the scanner but the start menu setup does not.   ?????

Hi, rloop.

The Quick Menu options will reflect only Canon-produced software and drivers.  When using the "Add Printer" option on Windows, it will use the Microsoft-developed WSD drivers.  If the Canon-produced drivers are not installing correctly on the computer, you may need to temporarily disable your antivirus and/or firewall to install the printer successfully.  The Canon-produced drivers are available, free of charge, at the MX922 Drivers & Downloads page.

Note: The minimum necessary installation is the MX920 series MP Drivers Ver. 1.01.  This installation comes with the IJ Scan Utility scanning software.

If you need immediate assistance with this issue, please call us at 1-800-OK-CANON (652-2666), Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. ET (excluding holidays).

marconiglio
Contributor

Finally I've found at least 1 good reason why I wasn't able to scan directly from the Printer and send it to my Mac: The date on my printer was wrong!!!

WHF
Apprentice

I'm using Windows 10.  My Canon is a TS 5050.  My Image Garden was allowing me to scan on my old PC but Scan is now all greyed out.  I need my printer/scanner to work.  Help???

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi WHF,

Are you able to scan using the IJ Scan Utility?

https://ugp01.c-ij.com/ij/webmanual/ScanUtility/W/TS5000%20series/1.1/EN/SU/su_scan01_w.html

Windows 10 (64 bit)

Wi-Fi

PIXMA MG7720

Everyting worked fine.

I then had to reload the Windows 10 operating system

I reloaded all the latest canon software and drivers

Printing works fine.

Now the scan option is 'grayed' out.

IJ scan utiliy appears missing.

Image Garden works fine except NO scan (grayed out)?

Announcements