cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Image Garden does not enable scanner

rwood359
Apprentice

I just installed Ny Image Garden.  The printer is functional (MG6220), but the scanner is greyed out - not enabled.

Canon Navigator and my other photo editor recognize and use the scanner.

I have installed both the network and USB drivers to no avail.

Any suggestions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I removed then reloaded all Canon software and Drivers............. Problem gone

View solution in original post

53 REPLIES 53

My printer is PIXMA MP 240. The operating system is  Windows 10 Pro, 32 bit. I called customer service and they told me that Canon has no compatible drivers for this prijnter for Windows 10, so there is nothing they can do and that I should download another program. HELP, this is unacceptable from Canon. They should release a driver IMMEDIATELY.

I totally understand. They are probably phasing out that software.
I downloaded the Easy-PhotoPrint EX  and that maybe  works? Did you go to the drivers for your printer to see if they had other software available that is compatible?

I have an MG5350 linked by wifi to my home network on a fixed IP address.  I have just upgraded to my trusty Dell Inspiron 640m to Windows 10 Pro 64-bit from Win 7 32-bit and today I installed My Image Garden, expecting to get control of the scanning functions available before the Windows upgrade.  Sadly, the 'Scan' icon on the Guide Menu is greyed out.

However Canon MP Navigator works a treat but it would have been neater to have access through the My Image Garden interface ?

24th Jan '18

Hi,

I have downloaded My Image Garden but Scanner option is greyed out.

I'm using Canon MG 5660

Thankyou

Wendy Miller

wam
Contributor

All fixed, needed to download the correct driver for my printer.

I have the same issue. 

macOS Big Sur

Version 11.2.3

Canon Pixma MX922 is my all in one printer. 

Scan feature is grayed out in My Image Garden. 

My Image Garden was OK then suddenly one day SCAN was not enabled -

Running on Canon TR7560 and Windows 10

I unistalled both ->>

• Canon IJ Network Scanner Selector EX2

and

• Canon IJ Scan Utility

Reinstalled full TR7560 Printer setup - scanner now enabled - working OK

Jynuine
Contributor

When I called and asked for help with My Image Garden they told me to go to the driver's page and use another software. -_-

What software did they say to use?

Jadada
Apprentice

Hi mate. You have to download "Canon MP Navigator EX 4.0" to make your scanner works. Its old software I`ve used before upgrade to win10. Had the same problem as your. 

P.S. BTW Image garden still doesnt work... ;- )

Announcements