cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Image Garden does not enable scanner

rwood359
Apprentice

I just installed Ny Image Garden.  The printer is functional (MG6220), but the scanner is greyed out - not enabled.

Canon Navigator and my other photo editor recognize and use the scanner.

I have installed both the network and USB drivers to no avail.

Any suggestions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I removed then reloaded all Canon software and Drivers............. Problem gone

View solution in original post

53 REPLIES 53

Jason
Whiz

Hi!

Welcome to the Canon Forums and thanks for your post!

To have a better understanding of your issue, please let everyone know what operating system (Windows Vista/7/8 or Mac OS 10.X) you are using and if you are connected via USB or WI-FI. That way, the community will be able to assist you with suggestions appropriate for your product.

If this is a time-sensitive matter, our US-based technical support team is standing by, ready to help 24/7 via Email at http://bitly.com/CanonEmail or by phone at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) weekdays between 10 AM and 10 PM ET (7 AM to 7 PM PT).

Thanks!

Hi there, i got same problem like them. 

my image garden doesnt show up the scanner icon. Currently i'm using mac book pro early 2011, OS sierra 10.12  connected to scanner via USB and my scanner is pixma MX 308. i've already try to look for the installer on website and always got the MX 300 installer, is it the problem? then, what should i do ? or maybe there are another reasons? thank u

I have I'm using a MacBook Air with MacOS Sierra version 10.12.6. Initially, I had no trouble scanning documents. However, for somewhat reason, the "Scan" tab on My Image Garden is grayed out. I tried uninstalling and re-installing the app but with the same result.

Can someone please help me?

BACKGROUND

I have an MG3222 Pixma, same issue.  Downloaded My Image Garden- scan option grayed out.  After much **PAIN.. I installed and uninstalled four different programs, none of which worked except for one that is a paid service, I found this.

KEEP IN MIND, My printer is USB connected direct to my laptop.  I don't use wireless.

MY SOLUTION

Go to:  https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support?tab=drivers

Enter your printer MODEL#.  

Under the DRIVERS section- look for one that says "MP" drivers.  

Download and install.

My scan icon is back.  

I'm not sure if this will work for everyone but hopefully.

This helped me, thank you.

Although, I'm in the UK and had to go to Canon's UK website for the drivers. Maybe my model isn't avaliable in the US (: 

I had the same problem, then realised I didn't have the correct driver installed for the printer. I downloaded this from a website.

Good afternoon.

The MP Navigator EX 5.0. wasn't opening anymore so I updated to My Image Garden but the scanner option is not available.

I have already installed the most recent drivers but still not working.

Printer: MG3150

Connection: USB cable

MacOS High Sierra 10.13.2

Thank you very much

laconcha
Apprentice

I am having the same problem. I was able to scan fine when I had Vista, but since upgrading to Windows 10 and installing image garde I am not able to scan as the scan icon is grayed out, and pressing the scan button on my printer does nothing. HELP!

Hi, laconcha!

In order to get a clearer picture of your setup, we'll need to know which Canon printer model you're using, and which operating system (Windows or Mac OS X, and which version thereof) is running on your computer.

If this is an urgent matter, our award-winning all-American tech support team is standing by, ready to help 24/7 via Email at http://bit.ly/ContactCanon or by phone at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) weekdays between 10 AM and 10 PM ET (7 AM to 7 PM PT).

Thanks for choosing Canon!

Announcements