cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Image Garden does not enable scanner

rwood359
Apprentice

I just installed Ny Image Garden.  The printer is functional (MG6220), but the scanner is greyed out - not enabled.

Canon Navigator and my other photo editor recognize and use the scanner.

I have installed both the network and USB drivers to no avail.

Any suggestions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I removed then reloaded all Canon software and Drivers............. Problem gone

View solution in original post

53 REPLIES 53

uniqueworld
Apprentice

Hello contributors,

I cannot activate Scanner and MP Navigator is not working either. All I installed and keep installing more and more applications is only about printer functions that I don't need at all. Would you help me access my scanner?

PIXMA MP 240,

installed drivers but no result:

Canon Image Garden

Canon Easy-PhotoPrint EX

Canon Solution Menu

Thank you

Same problem with MP280 and My Image Garden

Win7 x64, canon driver ver 17.0.4.28 (date 26.07.2012). My Image Garden - 3.5.0
Scanner greyed out.

The scanner itself work fine, for example via IrfanViewer - File -Acquire/Batch Scanning...
So - the problem not in driver, but in Canon My Image Garden.
Maybe MP Navigator will work, i dunno

I fixed the problem, I didn't have the correct printer driver installed, can be downloaded from websites.

Bluenoser12
Apprentice

For anyone still struggling with this, I got a new laptop and couldn't get the scanning to work in My Image Garden again either.

I finally just downloaded the Scan app for Windows (I'm on Windows obviously), works fine with my Canon printer/scanner, and easy to use.

rene1970
Apprentice

I have the same problem: My Image Garden can print to my printer but it has the Scan icon grayed out.

I have a Mac with OS High Sierra v10.13  and my printer is a Pixma MX882. I downloaded the My Image Garden software v3.6.1. from the canon website, from the available Software/Dirvers for this specific printer, but it is not working.

Can you please help or can Canon confirm if there is a fix for this problem or point me in the right direction to solve it? I will highly appreciate it.

Thank you!

rene1970,

The MX882 is not compatible with the High Sierra operating system.  Use a computer with OS 10.12 or earlier in order to be able to scan with the MX882.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

wam
Contributor
I realised I didn’t have the Printer drivers installed, if you don’t have the disc the drivers can be downloaded from websites and then reinstall Image Garden. Works well now.

Seem to me that the Image Garden software are useless to be  installed, I have successful resolved this same problem,

I switched to my old computer which has window 7, I only installed the MP240 driver and MP Navigator 2.0 and then scanning works.

CANON2.jpg

Before on my other two computer with operating system window 10, it didn't get me any luck by installing and reinstalled any ** software that match my printer model MP240.BTW this Image Garden software turn grey and untouchable on my old computer too, AGAIN IT IS USELESS. MP NAVIGATOR SOFTWARE IS THE KEY to resolve all your scanner problem trust me!!!

CANON1.jpg

->download link for MP240 softwares

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/details/printers/support-inkjet-printer/mp...

SandiA
Apprentice

I just bought a brand new Canon PIXMA MX922 and I am running Mac OS 10.13.4 w/ a wifi connection to this printer. I was able to scan with it yesterday, but now when I open My Image Garden the scan option is greyed out. I can click on auto-scan and get a scan to happen, but then I get a message that I don't have permission to open the file in which the document has been stored, so the only option I am given is to open My Image Garden and I have no idea how to find the document in there. It doesn't show on the calendar for the day, and I can't find anything or scan from this software. 

Hello everyone.

I have re-installed MacOs 10.11 from scratch, due to a HD fail, with a Canon MX925 and cannot overhelm a greyout scanner error on My Image Garden.

The scanner is ok and works with other software, but not with My Image Garden.

Previous installation was OK: My Image Garden worked flowlessy.

All Canon software is updated.

The only thing I can tell is that I installed directly a Wi-Fi printer. But I have tried 1 month ago to disinstall the printer and Drivers & softwares and re- installl the USB printer as first: no result.

I tried also to remove and re-install all Canon drivers and softwares. Tried on USB, Wi-Fi and ethernet connection. Tried changing IJ scan utility settings...

I am a skilled installer but ... all your solution are not working.

I repeat: the scanner is ok and works with other software, but not with My Image Garden.

As a result of this mulfunction, when I try to send a document from scanner to PC, My Image Garden says that can't open the file's directoriy (before it was a fantastic feature I have used many times)

Help is welcome.

Announcements