cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My IP100 justclicking sound like out of the box is making a terrible clicking sound

genehusky
Apprentice

This printer makes sound like a stripped gear.It is new.I can't get it past that sound.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello genehusky,

Please review the following to see if we can resolve this clicking noise:

1.  Turn the printer off.

2.  Unplug the power from the printer for at least 5-10 minutes.

3.  While unplugged, remove any paper from the unit.

4.  Double check for any obstructions found in the unit or paper paths.

5.  If no obstructions are found, plug the power back in and turn the unit on and see if noise remains.

I hope this helps.  if the grinding noise still remains, please feel free to contact a technical support representative at 1-800-652-2666 between the hours of 10 AM. and 10 PM, EST, Monday - Friday and someone will be happy to assist you.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello genehusky,

Please review the following to see if we can resolve this clicking noise:

1.  Turn the printer off.

2.  Unplug the power from the printer for at least 5-10 minutes.

3.  While unplugged, remove any paper from the unit.

4.  Double check for any obstructions found in the unit or paper paths.

5.  If no obstructions are found, plug the power back in and turn the unit on and see if noise remains.

I hope this helps.  if the grinding noise still remains, please feel free to contact a technical support representative at 1-800-652-2666 between the hours of 10 AM. and 10 PM, EST, Monday - Friday and someone will be happy to assist you.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements