cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Canon Pixma MP970 won't turn on.

kenduque
Apprentice

I replaced two ink cartridges and had it do a cleaning session, then the screen went black. I tried pressing the power button, but nothing happened. No blue power light, no info screen. I plugged it into a different outlet, but with no luck.

3 REPLIES 3

Ramona
Authority

Hi kenduque,

In addition to plugging the printer into another power outlet, please remove the power cord from the back of the printer, then plug it back in, ensuring that the connection is secure.  If you plugged the printer into a power outlet in the same room that it was plugged into before, please try plugging it into another power outlet in another room to see if it will power on.  If it still does not power on, it will require servicing. 

Please call or email us at one of the methods on the Contact Us page to obtain your servicing options.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

mpetrowi
Apprentice

Try unplugging the printer for an hour and then plugging it back in.  This worked for me.  Unplugging for just a few minutes didn't work.  Good luck!

TEXAS312
Apprentice

I'm having the same issue.  i printed something fine and then on the next item I went to print there was an error message that said something about turning the printer off and back on.  However, when I turned the printer off it won't come back on again.  I tried unplugging overnight and it still won't come on.

Announcements