cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Canon Pixma MG6470 purges too much ink each time printer starts

nanhi
Contributor

Hi friends, need your help as my Canon Pixma MG6470 AIO WiFi Printer wastes too much Ink each time when it starts.

a) I had to shut and restart (3) times because of a WiFi connection problem. The new Ink Cartridges were depleted by 1/4th.

The Canon CLI-751 cartridges cost $ 11 each x 4 #s, and the CLI-750 costs $ 13 each here in Bangalore. Total $ 57 for the

full set. At this rate we will become bankrupt.

b) Will it stop purging ink if I shut it off and resart the Printer from the Button on the Printer?

c) Can we stop this wastage of Ink each time the printer has to be shut down and restarted from the Wall Switch or the Button

on the Printer - thru the Printer Software or through a hack?

Thanks & Regards.

nanhi

10 REPLIES 10

nanhi:  Buying an using the refillables is deffinitly a solution, providing a person is adept in using them.  But as soon as a way to beat the system is developed, the manufacturer developes a new way.  I guess this provides work for everyone but the consumer, who sufffers in agravation as well as the wallet.

If my memory serves me right.  The first company I ran across to use this "Manufacturer' only ink cartridge" system was HP.  Instead of learning that HP lost a ton of customers because of this, other manufacturers got greedy and followed in their footsteps.  They are only in it for the quick buck cause like Hp they'll soon learn that they're loosing business instead of insuring it.  As well as the huge cost of the manufacturers ink cartridge, these cartridges only add to polution seeing that they can't be reused and wind up in landfill.

When I first got into computers there was no "Limited use Licensng or Manufacturers only refills".  The only thing was that it would void a warentee which is totally understandable and acceptable.  Amazingly with that system in place back then, the computer industry soared with huge profits and expansions.  Now since they show their greed and try to insure a constant income off the users, they are slowly destroying the technology sector.  This method of greedy maufacturing killed the "TechnologyBoom" of the stock market back in the 90's. 

Announcements