cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Canon PIXMA MG2522 printer won't print on Letter Sized Photo Paper

jeffreyjwallace
Apprentice

I keep running into the 4102 error code whenever I try to print on 8 and 1/2 by 11 photo paper. I did not set it to 4 by 6 because that won't fix the problem. I have uninstalled and reinstalled all of the drivers and software and even changed the printer preferences for photo printing to try to get it to print on letter sixed photo paper. I even uninstalled and reinstalled the easy photo print program, but after all that it still did not fix the issue. What kind of printer is this that can't even print on sizes bigger then 4 by 6 when it comes to photo paper? It will print letter sized for plain paper, but I need it to work for photo paper too. Is there any kind of permanent fix for this error code for my printer, that won't cost me money, or will I have to go through the trouble of getting another printer of this brand that will print letter sized photo paper, or should I get a different brand from another company if I keep running into this same issue with all the other Canon printers? This is frustrating and I need a permanent fix for this issue ASAP!!!!!

12 REPLIES 12

John_B
Rising Star

Hello.

The error may be related to a setting in your software.  If you continue to have difficulties, please try printing the photo from our Easy-PhotoPrint EX program.

That program is avaible for download at https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/details/printers/support-inkjet-printer/mg...

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

I HAVE ALREADY TRIED THAT! IT DOESN'T WORK BECAUSE I DO NOT WANT TO PRINT JUST 4 BY 6 PHOTO PAPER. DO YOU HAVE A BETTER SOLUTION FOR MY PROBLEM? I WANT TO BE ABLE TO PRINT PICTURES ON LETTER SIZED PHOTO PAPER TOO, NOT JUST 4 BY 6 BUT ALSO 8 AND A HALF BY 11. LIKE I SAID IN MY PREVIOUS MESSAGE I HAVE TRIED THAT AND OTHER THINGS TOO. WHAT PART OF THAT DON'T YOU UNDERSTAND?!?!?! HOW IN THE WORLD DO YOU MAKE A PRINTER THAT CAN'T PRINT ON LETTER SIZED PHOTO PAPER UNLESS YOU HAVE TO SET IT TO PLAIN PAPER FIRST? THAT DOESN'T MAKE ANY SENSE. I'M STARTING TO THINK THERE'S AN UNFIXABLE FLAW IN THE PRINTER ITSELF THAT'S BLOCKING LETTER SIZED PHOTO PAPER FROM BEING USED. IF THAT'S THE CASE, THEN I'M NOT BUYING ANYMORE OF YOUR CANON BRAND PRINTERS. CAN I AT LEAST BE SENT A PRINTER OF YOUR BRAND THAT CAN PRINT PHOTOS ON LETTER SIZED PHOTO PAPER?!?!?! IF NOT THEN I NEED TO TAKE MY BUSINESS AND MONEY ELSEWHERE. THIS PRINTER SUCKS AND YOU AND YOUR COMPANY SUCK TOO!!!!!

Hi, I just got my printer MG2522, connected it to Mac Pro laptop, everything is in place, but it does not print. The paper comes out black? The ink is there? Please help 

James_C

Hi jeffreyjwallace,

Unfortunately, the MF2522 does not print on that size paper.  It will not print  on letter sized photo paper.  Please click HERE for additional information on the error.       

Please note, Canon's Forum is not intended for immediate help, but a place to allow for the Community to give you assistance and feedback. If this is an urgent support need, please use the link below to reach our friendly Technical Support Team:

http://Canon.us/ContactLI 

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

can you tell me WHICH printers are able to actually print on Glossy photo paper that is full size 8.5 x 11 ? ITs really a shame that this is a hidden fact and not advertised on the box or anywhere else. 

So which printers actually can do that? 

TeddyDb33,

To print on Letter sized photo paper, you would need a printer in the MG3600 series and above or TS5000 series and above.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Brother printers have that capability, but quality may be missing.

I found a way to get it to print on glossy photo paper 8.5x11, in the photo print ex app you set the paper type to plain paper and then print, no smudges!!!! this is on the mg2522 I also had some plain paper sitting underneath it and that tricked it to print.

greencraft
Apprentice

It doesn't matter which model you have, they all have the same problem. I have a MG2900 and it says the same thing. I just want to print photos on glossy letter sized paper but it won't let me. I've seen other people who have the same problem on other models too so you're not alone. I thought Canon would be better so I got a Canon printer but it can't even print photos on glossy paper other than a 4x6. My old HP was able to do it and it was a really old model too. It's really frustrating and I'm seriously thinking of throwing it out and getting a new one that's not a Canon. How hard is it to print 8x10 photos on glossy paper?

Announcements