cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Canon MX922 will not print wireless or wired.

KRBJR
Apprentice
My CANON MX922 printer will not print wireless or wired. I used suggestions in Community such as "MX922 not connecting wirelessly, 7-6-15, post 1362, 10-17-15". (No solution). I worked with a great rep., by phone,for one hour. (No solution). My MG6220 has worked wirelessly, for two years, on the same Lenovo computer with Windows 7. THANKING YOU FOR TAKING THE TIME TO HELP ME.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

Since this has been an ongoing issue with your printer connection, please contact our support group for continued assistance.  Use the Contact Us link below to get in touch with our support group.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14

There is a simple fix for this. I found the problem occurs because the printer forgets its ip address and must get a new one from the router, which in some cases may be sluggish responding. First go to the router and tell it to use a static address for the printer. Then log onto the printers webpage once you know its local ip address. Click on advanced and then click on network settings. In the use IPv4 settings click on "use the following IPv4 address" which should be its address. When I do that the printer responds promptly everytime. Until then I had various timeouts and failures.

urlordcisco
Apprentice

What was the solution to this? I am having the same problem. Printer works fine from other devices but not my Lenovo Laptop running Windows 10 all of a sudden.

Thanks

urlordcisco,

Since the unit can print from other devices, it is likely that the computer is on a different network.  Make sure that the computer is on the same network as the printer and try again. 

If the issue persists, find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

This is a one year old canon MX922, I should not be dealing with this issue whatsoever. I was using it perfectly fine on Monday and then on Tuesday it refuses to print. The error message came up like everyone else here "cannot print due to printer setup". I had left the printer alone hoping that after I came back from vacation I could fix it, but then today I got a call for a job interview tomorrow and I need to print my resume asap. Please help! I deleted the printer and reinstalled it. I did everything and nothing is working.

rubyopal
Contributor

I also have had this problem since got a new dell inspirion 27 inch 7000 series. Windows 10.   all is smudgled. I spent about 40 minutes onthe phone with a cannon rep but nothing found wrong; downloaded from canon; usb connection with same cord have always used . In control panel, this is now checked and coming up as my default printer like always.  Interesting to note that when I copied on the printer, it was great quality; it's just bad every time I try to print from computer so I think something is wrong there.  The last ditch recommendation was try actual canon ink but I have used discounted ink for years on all my canon printers so I don't think that is the problem.

I am still stumped on what to do and would appreciate any help. 

Announcements