cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Canon MX880 wireless printer will not allow me to scan using wireless connection.

joannwoodruff
Apprentice

My Canon MX880 wireless printer will not allow me to scan using wireless connection. I can print using wireless but I need to connect via USB to use the scanner. What is wrong?

4 REPLIES 4

Tiffany

Hi Joannwoodruff!

So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know exactly what  Computer Operating System you're using (Windows XP/Vista/7/8 or Mac 10.x).  Any error messages or other details you'd like to give will only help the Community better understand your issue! Thanks and have a great day!

I'm experiencing the same issue.  I have a Canon PIXMA MX880 that I have connected to my nextoek via the CAT-5 port into a switch.  All my computers can access the printer to print but not to scan.  The scanner works for the  XP OS but I can not get it to work for the wireless Windows 8 OS.

Please advise.

thanks

Ebony
Rising Star

Hello joannwoodruff,

Ensure that the Network Scanner driver is selected in the PREFERENCES menu of your MP Navigator program:

1.  Open the MP Navigator program.

2.  Click the PREFERENCES button on the main screen.

3.  In the PREFERENCES dialog box, click the "Product Name" drop down arrow and select "MX882 series (Network: xxxxxxxxxx) (where "xxxxxxxx" is the MAC address).

4.  Click OK.

5.  Reattempt to scan.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Where do I find the MP Navigator?

Announcements