cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Canon MX410 won't scan. Says "PC Standby" followed by "please wait awhile"

ohhkkkaelin
Apprentice

I literally just started to scan something and while it was in the process of scanning, I realized that I didn't need that particular page to scan, so I hit the "stop" button. About an hour later I found something that I did need to scan, so when I go to scan it, it says "PC Standby" then when I hit the "black" button to start the scan it says "please wait awhile" and then after a minute or so it goes back to saying "PC Standby". I've tried it multiple times with the same result. I did some research and found where to go to download all of the updated versions of the drivers and programs (yes that includes the "MP Navigator" program) and it still gives me the same result. I even turned off the priniter for 10 seconds to reboot it and it STILL says the same things. I don't see how it could work perfectly an hour before and not work in the slightest after I told the previous scan to stop. PLEASE HELP! I own a business and really need this scanner to work!

10 REPLIES 10

ballhawk
Apprentice

I hope your issue got sorted out.  I just had the same problem, looked for answers here, didn't find any, and fixed it by closing all processes that had "Canon" in their name, then rebooting the machine.  Also running Windows 7. 

I think the problem arose when I stopped a scan before it completed, then the scanning function just seemed to get stuck  Hope this helps someone else going forward.

Announcements