cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Canon MX410 won't scan. Says "PC Standby" followed by "please wait awhile"

ohhkkkaelin
Apprentice

I literally just started to scan something and while it was in the process of scanning, I realized that I didn't need that particular page to scan, so I hit the "stop" button. About an hour later I found something that I did need to scan, so when I go to scan it, it says "PC Standby" then when I hit the "black" button to start the scan it says "please wait awhile" and then after a minute or so it goes back to saying "PC Standby". I've tried it multiple times with the same result. I did some research and found where to go to download all of the updated versions of the drivers and programs (yes that includes the "MP Navigator" program) and it still gives me the same result. I even turned off the priniter for 10 seconds to reboot it and it STILL says the same things. I don't see how it could work perfectly an hour before and not work in the slightest after I told the previous scan to stop. PLEASE HELP! I own a business and really need this scanner to work!

10 REPLIES 10

Danny

Hi, ohhkkkaelin!

So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know exactly which operating system is running on your computer (a version of Windows or Mac OS X, for instance). That, and any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, our US-based technical support team is standing by, ready to help 24/7 via Email at http://bit.ly/EmailCanon or by phone at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) weekdays between 10 AM and 10 PM ET (7 AM to 7 PM PT).

Thanks and have a great day!

I am using Windows 7 (x64)

Ramona
Authority

Hi ohhkkkaelin,

If PC scan standby is displayed on the LCD after you press the SCAN button, please press the Menu button to display the screen for selecting where you will save the data by following the steps below:

1.  Use the LEFTRIGHT button to select PC, then press the OK button.

2.  Use the LEFTRIGHT button to select the PC to forward the scanned data, then press the OK button.  If you select Local (USB) in the Select PC screen, the data is forwarded to the USB-connected computer.

3.  Use the LEFTRIGHT button to select the document type, then press the OK button.

4.  Press the Settings button to adjust the settings as necessary.

5.  Load the original document on the Platen Glass or in the ADF.

6.  Press the Color button for color scanning, or the Black button for black & white scanning.

In the event that you are trying to scan wirelessy instead of via USB, you will need to have the Canon IJ Network Scanner Selector running on your computer in order to scan from the operation panel of the printer.  To ensure that the program is launched, from the Start menu onn your computer, select (All) Programs > Canon Utilities > IJ Network Scanner Selector EX > IJ Network Scanner Selector EX to start it.

Hope this helps!

This didn't answer your question or issue? Please call or email us at one of the methods on the Contact Us page for further assistance.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

i have a cannon MX340 Pima Printer is doing the same thing. please help I also need this for my business.

What do i do?

thank you for all your time and efforts

Eight

It is recommended that you contact live technical support . There is NO charge for this call. Real time feedback of a live technical support call would be very beneficial in this case.

Please dial 1-866-261-9362, Monday - Friday 10:00 a.m. - 10:00 p.m. ET (excluding holidays). A Canon technical support representative will be able to resolve this issue faster.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Hi there

I have the abovementioned issue and I have tried doing what you suggested, yet with no success. No idea why it went into PC Standby. Very frustrating because I need to scan a ton of documents. Please help!

Thanks and regards

I have an Apple Desktop and my scanner worked earlier today and now it won't scan. Says "PC Standby" followed by "please wait awhile

Hi, mtierney59!

To have a better understanding of your issue, please let everyone know the printer model you have, as well as the specific version of Mac OS X (ex. 10.10, 10.11) you are using and if you are connected via USB or WI-FI. That way, the community will be able to assist you with suggestions appropriate for your product.

If this is a time-sensitive matter, our US-based technical support team is standing by, ready to help 24/7 via Email at http://bitly.com/CanonEmail or by phone at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) weekdays between 10 AM and 10 PM ET (7 AM to 7 PM PT).

Thanks!

I am having this same issue, and I followed Ramona's steps, but it just goes back to saying "PC Scan Standby,"  Clicking the Start button just results in "Please wait a while."

Help!

FYI, this is an older computer, but I've used it to scan before, with no problems.  I am able to print just fine, so it seems the problem is that it can't find the PC?

Announcements