cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Canon MG8120 is printing in pink scale

leighbeec
Apprentice

My printer was working fine.  In the middle of printing out a large photo it started printing in pink scale.  When i printed out the test sheet the cyan color did not print.  I removed the full cyan cartridge, swabbed the head with a q tip and replaced the catridge...still no change.  Help!

3 REPLIES 3

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello leighbeec.

Unfortunately, if the issue persists after cleanings have been done, additional troubleshooting will have to be done to narrow down the cause of your issue.  Please contact our support group using the link below for additional assistance.

http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/consumer/standard_display/contact_us_consumer

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I read other posts that ppl have this issue, because if 1 ink or few more are low, Canon forces you to buy the ink to replace the low ones, then you can print in greyscale ???

Hi PwrPak,

The printer requires all ink tanks be installed in the printer in order to print, even if they are low or out of ink; however, you can continue printing under a low ink condition by disabling the ink level detection function of the printer.  To do this, please press and hold down the STOP/RESET or RESUME/CANCEL button on the printer for at least 5 seconds, then release it.  Please note, you will need to do this procedure for each ink tank that is indicating that it is low or out of ink.  Once the ink tanks are replaced with Canon genuine ink tanks, the ink level detection function of the printer will be re-enabled.  We recommend replacing the low/out of inks tanks as soon as possible.

Hope this helps!

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements