cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mx880 Printer/scanner does not recognize my computer when trying to scan using wireless network

eporter
Apprentice

I can open the MP Navigator and click scan from there and it will import whatever has been scanned.  However, when trying to scan using a wireless connection from the printer/scanner, it does not see my computer on the network.  USB is my only option.  

I think I may have done this to myself.  It used to work but I turned off a bunch of items in my start up.  I don't remember what I need to turn back on so that the printer will see my computer on the wireless network again.  If someone could point me in the right direction, I'd appreciate it. 

Thanks in advance. 

7 REPLIES 7

Stephen

Hi eporter!

Welcome to the Canon Community Forums and thank you for your post!

So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know about any error messages you're seeing, and the Computer Operating System you're using (Windows Vista/7/8/10 or Mac 10.x).

Any other details you'd like to give will only help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is an urgent support need, please CLICK HERE to reach our friendly Technical Support Team by phone during the week, or email anytime.

Thanks and have a great day!

It's a Windows 10 machine but the problem occurred using Win 7 as well.  

I'm not seeing any error messages.  when I use the printer/scanner and go to Scan -> Save/Forward/PC - the only location available is USB.  My computer doesn't show.  It used but doesn't now.  I tried scan again but it doesn't show.  Interestingly enough, I can print from my laptop to the printer without a problem. 

Hi eporter,

Please make sure that the settings in the MP Navigator are correct:

1.  Click on the Windows Start button and the All Apps

2.  Click on Canon Utilities, MP Navigator EX and then MP Navigator EX to open that program.

3.  Click Preferences.

4.  Next to product name, please make sure that PIXMA MX882 Series (Network: xxxxx) is selected.

5.  Click OK.

Next, please check that the Canon IJ Network Scan Utility is running:

1.  Click on the Windows Start button and then All Apps.

2.  Click on All Programs, Canon IJ Network Utilities, Canon IJ Network Scan Utility, Canon IJ Network Scan Utility to start that program.

3.  In the notification area of the taskbar (in the lower right hand corner), right click the Canon IJ Network Scan Utility icon and left click Settings.... .

4.  Place a checkmark next to Canon PIXMA MX882 ser_XXXXXXXXXXXX.

5.  Click OK.

You should be able to scan from the operators panel of your PIXMA MX882.

If you continue to have difficulties, please contact our support group using the following link:

http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/consumer/standard_display/contact_us_consumer

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I do not have Canon IJ Network Scan Utility installed apparently. where can I download it? I'm not seeing it on Canon's website.

Thanks

Hello.

Additional troubleshooting will have to be done to narrow down the cause of your issue. Please contact our support group using the "Contact Us" link below for additional assistance with this matter.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Since I upgraded my Macbook Pro to High Sierra, I cannot scan to my Canon MX882. I can print wirelessly but the printer won't locate my pc for scannnig. Why?

Hi cobbie1010,

Canon does not have updated drivers or software that were developed for use with the PIXMA MX882 when used under the Mac OS 10.13 High Sierra operating system; however, you can try downloading and installing the Mac OS 10.12 Sierra versions of the drivers and software from the Canon USA website here to see if this will allow you to scan.  You will want to download and install the files listed below in the following order:

CUPS Drivers (from DRIVERS section of webpage)
Scanner Drivers (from DRIVERS section of webpage)
ICA Drivers (from DRIVERS section of webpage)
MP Navigator (from SOFTWARE section of webpage)
Canon IJ Network Tool (from SOFTWARE section of webpage, if using the printer over a network)

If you have any antivirus or firewall software on your computer, please temporarily disable them prior to installing the drivers, as these programs can sometimes prevent the printer from being detected during installation.  Once the printer is reinstalled successfully, the protection software can be re-enabled.

Please note, since the Sierra versions of the drivers and software were developed prior to High Sierra being released, they may not work with the High Sierra operating system.

Hope this helps!

Announcements