cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mx310 Will print but wont copy

Dman
Apprentice
After installing a new black ink cartridge I can print from the computer but when I try to copy on the printer nothing comes out. No error message pops up but it does say copying like it should be working. I have removed and reinstalled the cartridge a couple of times and I unplugged the printer and turned it back on and it still does the same thing.
1 REPLY 1

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Dman,

First, a test should be performed of your printer.  The Nozzle Check pattern shows if each print head nozzle is operating properly.  Please perform the following steps to print a Nozzle Check pattern:

1.  Press the OPEN button to open the Output Tray.

2.  Load letter-sized, plain paper in the Auto Sheet Feeder or the Cassette Tray.

3.  Press the COPY button.

4.  Press the MENU button repeatedly until 4.MAINTENANCE is displayed in the LCD.

5.  Press the LEFT or RIGHT ARROW buttons until NOZZLE CHECK is displayed in the LCD, and then press OK.  The nozzle check pattern is printed.  Please compare your printout to the example that has been attached to the bottom of this post.

Does your test page print correctly?

MX310 Nozzle Check.jpg

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements