cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mg3620 will not print

Cherjean
Apprentice
Installed a new ink cartridge and now my printer will only scan. Anything I try to print from my phone comes out blank?
6 REPLIES 6

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Cherjean,

A test page from your PIXMA MG3620 should be printed.  The nozzle check pattern shows if each print head nozzle is operating properly.  To do this, please follow these steps:

1.  Make sure that your PIXMA MG3620 is turned on.

2.  Load a sheet of A4 or Letter-sized plain paper in the front tray.

3.  Open the output tray extension, open the paper output tray, then extend the paper output support.

4.  Hold down the STOP button until the Alarm lamp flashes once, then release it immediately.

The nozzle check pattern will be printed.  Please compare the test page that you printed with the one that has been attached to the bottom of this post.

If the test page does not match the example attached to this email, printhead cleanings should be performed.  To do this, please follow these steps:

1.  Hold down the STOP button until the Alarm lamp flashes orange twice, then release it immediately.

2.  The machine starts cleaning the print head.  The cleaning will be complete when the ON lamp lights green after flashing.

Do not perform any other operations until the machine completes the cleaning of the print head. This takes about 1 to 2 minutes.

After performing a few cleanings, please print another test page.

Does the test page print correctly?

MG3620 Nozzle Check.jpg

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Cherjean
Apprentice
Prints black but not colors. Prints great when just copying..... just shoots out plain paper when I try to print using my iPhone - worked before I installed new cartridge 🤷🏻‍♀️

Did you replace the color ink cartridge?

If you didn't, I recommend replacing it.

If you did, please take it out of the printer and make sure all of the tape/cellophane has been removed.  Reinsert the color ink cartridge and perform 2 more printhead cleanings and then print again.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Cherjean
Apprentice
I don’t think I’m explaining my problem clearly.
Example: If I put a page from a color book on the printer and push the button labeled “black”, a perfect duplicate will print. If I try to print a coloring page that I found online on my iPhone using the WiFi, the printer acts like it’s printing but a blank page comes out. I have a childcare in my home and I mainly need this for things I find online such as daycare forms and color pages/worksheets.

Hi,

If the color did not print on the nozzle check that means the color cartridge is clogged. The reason it printed fine when making a black and white copy is because it was using the Black ink cartridge which printed fine on your nozzle check.

The coloring page on your phone is most likely saved as a picture and not a document. Picture files use color and since the color ink is not working on your printer that is why a blank page is coming out.

To resolve this issue, I recommend performing a nozzle cleaning. Please click HERE for the steps to perform a nozzle cleaning. After the cleaning, print the nozzle check again.

Did the colors appear after the cleaning?

Hi,

Thank you for your help. The color strip did not show even after the cleaning. I did not check the greyscale, which I think it is should have been color print. I really appreciate if you can help me out here.

Thank you!

Best,

Kathy

Announcements