Canon Community Canon Community

Occasional Contributor

Re: Mac OS Sierra Print Problems

Hi John.

Sir you are a genius!!! I followed the old thread you posted yesterday and I saw the comment about adding the IP address of the printer. After an age of searching I found the IP address by a combination of logging into the Router and mapping the IP addresses of the devices listed against that shown on the Canon printer's list of IP addresses and MAC address. Realised it was the IPv4 address I wanted from the list on the printer's screen.

So I added another printer in System Preferences on my Mac, this time adding the IP address and bingo! Went into Lightroom, hit Print Settings in the Print Module, selected the new printer (the old one but with the IP address added) and voila! The additional options of Colour Matching and Colour Options are now there. Also in the panel on the right hand side of the Lightroom screen in the Print module I can now select from the albeit limited number of Canon paper profiles in the Colour Management pane.

The whole reason I started down this path was that I tried to print a monochrome image last week and it had a horrible magenta cast which I assumed was because both Lightroom and the printer were try to do the colour management at the same time. I'll try printing it later on (I'm supposed to be working at the moment!)

John whatever they are paying you it's not enough! Thanks so much for your help.

Best

Paul
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Glad a solution worked Paul.

I never personally ran into the IP address issue. Maybe because I used the Canon IJ Network Tool it did it for me.

Fullscreen_7_31_17__11_14_AM.jpg

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X, Rebel T5i, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, MX472, LRCC Classic
Occasional Contributor

Yes I figured that would be my best route but I just couldn't install the Tool. It simply won't open after downloading. But I think I'll leave it well alone now that things seem to be working!

Paul
Highlighted
New Contributor

Where is this dialogue box? I have exact same issue. Thank you