cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mac OS Sierra Print Problems

PTimlett
Contributor

I have a Mac running Sierra version 10.12.6 which was pushed out here in the UK in the last few days. I have a Canon MG7750. I print photographs from Adobe Lightroom and sometimes just from the Preview app on the Mac. When using Lightroom I like to have Lightroom do the Colour Management. Since there is no option with Canon to turn off the printer colour management I believe it is necessary to achieve this using the Colour Matching Menu in the Print dialogue box. However, I don't see that menu or the Colour Options menu. All I see are the options Media & Quality, Layout, Paper Handling and Cover Page.

I dowloaded the latest driver for this printer from the Canon website yesterday but when I try to open Canon_IJ Setup it doesn't respond.

I spoke to Canon UK about this today and they said they have had several people reporting this. They say it is an Apple issue and suggested uninstalling and re-isntalling the drivers. However all I can find is a file downloaded yestereday entitled com.apple.print.custompresets.forprinter.Canon_MG7700_series.plist. I don't know whether this is the driver and whether moving this to Trash and dowloading the file again will do the trick. The girl at Canon UK said she doesn't use a Mac so can't help.

I suggested that the issue might be that Canon hasn't caught up with the lastest Mac OS release which she said could be the case. All in all not very helpful.

Meanwhile I can no longer print photos without getting hideous clolour casts. Knew I should have bought an Epson!

Anyone else got this problem? Is there a solution or is it user error Smiley Frustrated

By the way I just hit the Spoiler Tag button by mistake. No idea what it is but I can't undo it!

Spoiler

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Maybe there is something that will help in this thread.

http://community.usa.canon.com/t5/Professional-Photo-Printers/Color-Managament-in-ProGraf-Pro1000/td...

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13

Yes I figured that would be my best route but I just couldn't install the Tool. It simply won't open after downloading. But I think I'll leave it well alone now that things seem to be working!

Paul

Where is this dialogue box? I have exact same issue. Thank you

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

I don't have your printer, I have a Pro-100 and a MX-472, but:

1. I am running Sierra 10.12.26 on a MacBook Air

2. I have Canon IJ driver - 16.0.5.0 for Pro-100 and 16.10.0.0 for MX-472

I just ran a test print and it prints fine on both printers.

When you print from Lightroom and let LR manage color by choosing an ICC profile for your paper the driver automatically switches to ColorSync and grays-out the selection options. You can see that by going to the Color Matching dropdown.

So, I can say whether your issue is related to the update, but it doesn't seem to be a universal problem.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Thank you John. Trouble is I don't have the Colour Matching dropdown. That menu simply isn't there. The only profile I see when I'm in Lightroom are for the different colour spaces i.e. sRGB, Adobe RGB, ProPhoto etc.

My Mac is a few months old and my paper profiles didn't copy across from my old one so I don't have any loaded on the new Mac. I bought some Kodak Ultra Premium Photo Paper to do a quick print for someone but it doesn't seem to be possible to get an ICC profile for it. I might try ordering some Hahnemühle paper, download the ICC profile and see if the Colour Matching and Colour Option menus re-appear.
Announcements