cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mac OS Sierra Print Problems

PTimlett
Contributor

I have a Mac running Sierra version 10.12.6 which was pushed out here in the UK in the last few days. I have a Canon MG7750. I print photographs from Adobe Lightroom and sometimes just from the Preview app on the Mac. When using Lightroom I like to have Lightroom do the Colour Management. Since there is no option with Canon to turn off the printer colour management I believe it is necessary to achieve this using the Colour Matching Menu in the Print dialogue box. However, I don't see that menu or the Colour Options menu. All I see are the options Media & Quality, Layout, Paper Handling and Cover Page.

I dowloaded the latest driver for this printer from the Canon website yesterday but when I try to open Canon_IJ Setup it doesn't respond.

I spoke to Canon UK about this today and they said they have had several people reporting this. They say it is an Apple issue and suggested uninstalling and re-isntalling the drivers. However all I can find is a file downloaded yestereday entitled com.apple.print.custompresets.forprinter.Canon_MG7700_series.plist. I don't know whether this is the driver and whether moving this to Trash and dowloading the file again will do the trick. The girl at Canon UK said she doesn't use a Mac so can't help.

I suggested that the issue might be that Canon hasn't caught up with the lastest Mac OS release which she said could be the case. All in all not very helpful.

Meanwhile I can no longer print photos without getting hideous clolour casts. Knew I should have bought an Epson!

Anyone else got this problem? Is there a solution or is it user error Smiley Frustrated

By the way I just hit the Spoiler Tag button by mistake. No idea what it is but I can't undo it!

Spoiler

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Maybe there is something that will help in this thread.

http://community.usa.canon.com/t5/Professional-Photo-Printers/Color-Managament-in-ProGraf-Pro1000/td...

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13

James_C

Hi PTimlett,

Based on what you described, It is recommended that you contact one of Canon's Technical Support Representatives. To contact a Technical Support Representative, please use the link below:

http://Canon.us/ContactLI

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I live in the UK. I contacted Technical Support in the UK and they said they couldn't help. I just started to complete an email query using the link you provided but of course it requires a US address which I don't have.

When you look in System Preferences->Printers and Scanners at the printer do you see the Bonjour printer or a MG series printer.

The Bonjour printer is a very limited driver.

Click the "+" symbol to add a printer and wait for the  series printer to appear.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

I see the MG series printer.

Hello again.

It looks like you have "show display profiles" checked in Lightroom.

Fullscreen_7_30_17__9_03_AM.jpg

Uncheck that and you won't see the ones you mentioned. It also sounds like you aren't seeing any of the paper profiles?

I'm just guessing here, since I never had that happen, but maybe try first reinstalling printer using the supplied CD?

It also sounds like you aren't getting the printer driver when you select "Print" in Lightroom?

Fullscreen_7_30_17__9_00_AM.jpg

Fullscreen_7_30_17__9_00_AM#2.jpg

Fullscreen_7_30_17__9_01_AM.jpg

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Maybe try downloading and installing this:

Fullscreen_7_30_17__9_17_AM.jpg

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Maybe there is something that will help in this thread.

http://community.usa.canon.com/t5/Professional-Photo-Printers/Color-Managament-in-ProGraf-Pro1000/td...

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Hi John.

Sir you are a genius!!! I followed the old thread you posted yesterday and I saw the comment about adding the IP address of the printer. After an age of searching I found the IP address by a combination of logging into the Router and mapping the IP addresses of the devices listed against that shown on the Canon printer's list of IP addresses and MAC address. Realised it was the IPv4 address I wanted from the list on the printer's screen.

So I added another printer in System Preferences on my Mac, this time adding the IP address and bingo! Went into Lightroom, hit Print Settings in the Print Module, selected the new printer (the old one but with the IP address added) and voila! The additional options of Colour Matching and Colour Options are now there. Also in the panel on the right hand side of the Lightroom screen in the Print module I can now select from the albeit limited number of Canon paper profiles in the Colour Management pane.

The whole reason I started down this path was that I tried to print a monochrome image last week and it had a horrible magenta cast which I assumed was because both Lightroom and the printer were try to do the colour management at the same time. I'll try printing it later on (I'm supposed to be working at the moment!)

John whatever they are paying you it's not enough! Thanks so much for your help.

Best

Paul

Glad a solution worked Paul.

I never personally ran into the IP address issue. Maybe because I used the Canon IJ Network Tool it did it for me.

Fullscreen_7_31_17__11_14_AM.jpg

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Announcements