cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mac OS Catalina Version 15.31

lore132
Contributor

Is there an update for the Canon Pixma MX920? I just upgraded to the most recent Mac OS Catalina Version 10.15

74 REPLIES 74

kppstudios
Apprentice
If you're unable to run your printer scan option after the new Catalina update try this...this worked for me!! Open your "Preview". Go to "File" and click "Import from Canon Printer" (It should list your printer name there). Click Scan! That's all!! I saved the scan to my documents and didn't have any further issues.

Oh, okay, I see now. I had to have a document open. I was able to print something from Word and from Adobe Acrobat, and it looks as if Preview also sees the printer.

So I guess I have to live with the fact the Quick Menu is diabled in the alias menu bar and in the Applications folder?

Scanning will definitely be different. So only when I have something on the flatbed do I see in Preview the option to import from the canon scanner. Then I can choose jpg, etc. Haven't tried scanning a photo yet, but I hope it will work as well as the Quick Menu options did.

Thanks!

Just got off the phone with Canon. STILL no update. I was having issues using Print Studio Pro with Catalina.  Tech had me delete the printer, reload the drivers, then download and load Print Studio Pro.  Voila, no more Destination Folder is Missing message. On the other hand, he told me this could be only a temporary fix and it could happen again!  When asked about the release of the new drivers for Catalina--he said and I quote--they are working on it and he had no ideal when they would be release--If it happens again I dump the Canon Pro Pixma 100 and go for an Epson--This is just absurd. 

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
Try deleting the printer in System Preferences->Printers & Scanners.

Then re-add the printer, waiting till the IJ Series driver appears. Could take a few minutes.
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Thanks for that...but now the scanner isn't working...it doesn't appear on my list and when i open the IJ scanner utility, it says scanner can't be found.

Screen Shot 2020-04-01 at 5.47.22 PM.png

Is that screen before or after you clicked "+" to set up a printer?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

After

I had already tried this, but I tried again. I deleted the printer from preferences, but the new driver was not available in Printers and Drivers. (see attached)Screen Shot 2020-04-01 at 5.47.00 PM.png

The printer works now only if it is hardwired with a cable to my laptop. 

Announcements