cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mac OS Catalina Version 15.31

lore132
Contributor

Is there an update for the Canon Pixma MX920? I just upgraded to the most recent Mac OS Catalina Version 10.15

74 REPLIES 74

genafelix
Apprentice

Hi there,

I have a Canon Pixma MG 2520 who is not being recognized by my Macbook Air running Catalina 10.15.4. I have so far downloaded all of the available drivers, contacted apple for support, changed my USB and power cable (although it turns on just fine) without success. The scanner function still works but nothing appears whenever I try to add a printer under system preferences of my computer (see image). I've run out of ideas and google searches. Can anyone help please!!

Thanks

Gena

Screen Shot 2020-04-20 at 7.04.44 PM.png

Hi genafelix,

It is recommended that you contact one of Canon's Technical Support Representatives via phone. To contact a Technical Support Representative, please use the link below:

http://Canon.us/ContactLI

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Jonathan1
Apprentice

Hi, I have a macbook with Catalina and trying to print on my MX459 printer. What is strange is that I've been printing fine on the same computer and wifi for months, and then suddenly 2 days ago the printer always looked offline.  Meanwhile, my 5-year old HP PC was able to print the same documents on this printer, so the printer is working fine otherwise.  I went to download drivers and it said there were none available for Catalina -- which would make sense for not working other than that it's been working fine for months until recently.  So, i'm really confused as to what could have suddenly caused the change and how to fix it.  As far as I can recall, i haven't made any software updates to my mac in these past 2 days. Thanks so much for your help!  

HaricotVert
Apprentice
I spent a few hours trying to figure out how to get the MX922 to scan wirelessly after upgrading to Catalina 10.15.7. Followed all the advice about installing the three drivers...just couldn't make scan work....until I noticed in the IJ Scan Utility pop-up box there is a field called "Product Name" where you select which printer you're using. This field was populated with "Canon MX920 Series" which is my printer so I didn't think anything about it....but it turns out that when you scroll that field there is also "Canon MX920 Series Network." Select that and all of a sudden wireless scanning works like a charm. My apologies if this has been pointed out in prior contributions....I got frustrated after page 5...

@lore132 wrote:

Is there an update for the Canon Pixma MX920? I just upgraded to the most recent Mac OS Catalina Version 10.15

nelsonlg
Apprentice

I am getting the following error code at least once a day when pirnting to my imageclass mf6160dw: E733-0000. However, when I try to update the firware on the printer/scanner, I get an error message that the update is not compartible with this OS. Is there support being provided for Canon customers on Catalina? 

Announcements