cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mac OS Catalina Version 15.31

lore132
Contributor

Is there an update for the Canon Pixma MX920? I just upgraded to the most recent Mac OS Catalina Version 10.15

74 REPLIES 74

Hi ccmuir.

Canon U.S.A. is one regional branch of Canon Global.  If you are unable to find a driver for the "G3202" model printer, then you will need to check the website for your regional branch of Canon for the correct driver.  Your region may be found at the Canon Global world map:  https://global.canon/en/support/

@Jonathan1,

It's not uncommon for a printer to continue working immediately following a computer's upgrade to a newer version of the OS, only to stop working when the systems with which it interfaces themselves are changed or begin to no longer communicate adequately.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

@Darius, so is the only option to get a newer printer?  How will I know the shelf life of when a printer will just stop communicating with the latest mac os upgrades? 

Reecli
Apprentice

Re: Catalina 10.15, I have a MX882 and a MG6821. Both no longer connect - right after the Catalina installation.  Either Apple has a problem or Canon did not upgrade their operating systems to 64 bit - or it is something else entirely. Stay tune.

Same here. it's sooo frustrating!

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
The Canon support site says there is no driver for Catalina. No indication if there will be one later.
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

I like my Canon printer, but ink jets are very cheap.  May be time to look at other manufactures.  Apple gave developers plenty of time do build these drivers.

I have a PIXMA TS6320 and get a SCAN UTILITY error everytime I try to use the program.  Has or is there going to be a driver update for my printer/scanner anytime soon?  I cannot use Scan Utility without getting an error message. HELP!!

Thank you,

Kgebauer

Hi kgebauer,

Are you using IJ Scan Utility Ver.2.3.6 that was released on 11/01/19?

We look forward to your reply.

Mr. Hoffman-

I need a scanner, not a printer, that is compatible with OS 10.15.  A photo/document/film scanner would be best for my work.  I do not need a printer.  Is there anything out there that is compatible?

@Avogadro20 wrote:

Mr. Hoffman-

I need a scanner, not a printer, that is compatible with OS 10.15.  A photo/document/film scanner would be best for my work.  I do not need a printer.  Is there anything out there that is compatible?

Since you say you have a functioning 9000F that doesn't work with Catalina my recommendation is to Google "VueScan 9000F"

Annotation 2019-12-18 093021.jpg

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic
Announcements