cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mac OS Catalina Version 15.31

lore132
Contributor

Is there an update for the Canon Pixma MX920? I just upgraded to the most recent Mac OS Catalina Version 10.15

74 REPLIES 74

Hi jaclynfre.

To help us narrow down possible solutions, please let us know which model of printer is experiencing this problem.

None of those drivers help. There are no color profiles!

kgebauer
Contributor
Can you recommend a current model?

Hi, kgebauer,

Our sales team will be able to go over all of your needs and budget with you, and they'll be able to pair you with a current model. They will also be able to go over the Canon Upgrade Program discount entitlement with you, which is not available online.

kgebauer
Contributor
I am now. Thanks!! It is a brand new printer from Canon so I thought it would come with the latest software update. Nope, I had to install the update for it to work.

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
Look into VueScan.
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

kppstudios
Apprentice

If you're unable to run your printer scan option after the new Catalina update try this...this worked for me!! Open your "Preview". Go to "File" and click "Import from Canon Printer" (It should list your printer name there). Click Scan! That's all!! I saved the scan to my documents and didn't have any further issues. I hope this helps someone 🙂

Pixma MX922, Catalina OS 10.15.2, Macbook Pro mid-2012

I downloaded all three drivers, here, and ran them (there is one printer driver and there are two scanner drivers). https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/myportal/us/home/support/details/printers/inkjet-multifunction/mx...

But Canon Quick Menu remains grayed out with a circle w/slash through it. I tried re-downloading and re-booting my system several times. It doesn't work.

I can't print or do anything if there is no Canon printer application icon that's actually available.

Is there any fix for this?

Yes! it helped. THANK YOU!

THANK YOU THANK YOU!!! This fixed it for my PIXMA MX492 scanner, for which I kept updating the driver and it kept supposedly successfully installing yet never showing up. ***This tip also works directly in Photoshop, too: Go under File/Import/Images from Device. In Preview it looks like it'll only scan at 300DPI, but in Photoshop you can enter a higher DPI. Thank you for this great tip! 

Announcements