cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mac OS Catalina Version 15.31

lore132
Contributor

Is there an update for the Canon Pixma MX920? I just upgraded to the most recent Mac OS Catalina Version 10.15

74 REPLIES 74

Porcha
Rising Star

Hello lore132

Welcome to the Canon forum! So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know what model printer you are using. Could you please double-check the model number of your printer. Any other details you'd like to give will only help the Community better understand your issue.

So sorry, I have Canon MX920. 

I need the download informaiton for the Canon Pixma MX452, so the scan utility can work with the latest Mac OS Catalina.

The Canon support site isn't showing a macOS 15 driver for that printer.

I looked in the finder folder on my macOS 15 machine and did see some folders for the 450 series, so perhapds downloading the driver for the 470 series would work.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

I'm new to this forum and came here with a different issue relating to print quality, however I have been tearing my hair out for months trying to get scanner capabilities on my MF624CW on my Macs with no luck. Am I to understand this is because Canon refuses to update their drivers? Seems awful of the company to do that. As a photographer who loves their camera products, I must say it's disappointing to say the least.

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/details/printers/color-laser/mf624cw?tab=d...

Looks to me that there is a Catalina driver. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

I have the PIXMA MG5420.  It no longer scans since I did the Catalina 15.31 upgrade on my MAC.  How much longer before a new driver will be released?

Thank you,

K Gebauer

Hi, there!

The PIXMA MG5420 is no longer being supported as of October 2018. This means we're no longer developing drivers or software for this printer, and there will not be a Catalina driver.

If you've updated your OS to Catalina, we recommend upgrading your printer to a current version that supports modern OSes, or rolling back your OS to a version that supports your printer. 

For upgrade options, reach out to the Canon Upgrade Program at 1-866-443-8002.

Just purchased the TS8220 and see no drivers for Catalina.

Are drivers planned, and if so when would that be?

We have limited color management under Airprint and our usage is commercial grade label printing.

Thank you.

Announcements