cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mac Catalina 10.15.4 and Pixma MG 2520

genafelix
Apprentice

Good afternoon,

I have a Macbook Air running Catalina 10.15.4 who will not recognize my Pixma MG 2520. I have tried a new USB cable, downloaded all available drivers, and contacted apple for support with no help. My computer is able to regognize my Lexmark printer without a problem but I like this one better! I am wondering if theres anything I can do to get it to connect.  Catalina 10.15 is recognized when I am downloading the driver so I am not sure where the problem lies. 

Screen Shot 2020-04-20 at 7.04.44 PM.png

Thanks in advance!

Gena

1 REPLY 1

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

HI genafelix,

If the list is blank when you have the printer turned on and connected, it will mean the Mac does not see the cable connection between the printer and the computer. In this situation, you can try unplugging the printer from the computer and shutting down the Mac. Plug the printer into a different USB port on the Mac and then turn the Mac back on.

If the printer still does not show up, it will usually mean there is a hardware issue with the MG2520 or a connection problem. To assist further, I would need some additional information.

1. Are you using any adapters or hubs to connect the printer to the computer?
  2. Are there any other computers that you can connect the printer to? If so, do they recognize the connection?

The printer has a 1 year warranty and you can click the link HERE to create a Canon account to see what service options you have.

Outside of the 1 year warranty, you can contact our sales department at 1-800-652-2666 to use our Upgrade Program. The Upgrade program will give you a discount and free shipping on a replacement printer.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements