cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MX922

mobernesser
Contributor

I purchased a new PC-windows10- and connected mx922. The printer does not print the text , BUT prints the background and graphics. It works perfectly with my older laptop running windows 10 also...

Same drivers and software are installed on both computers. It drives me crazy...:)

8 REPLIES 8

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi mobernesser,

Please print a test page:

1.  Please press the MENU button on your PIXMA MX922

2.  Use the down arrow key until the wrench and screwdriver icon is selected, then press OK

3.  Select Maintenance, then press the OK button

4.  Select Print nozzle check pattern and then pres OK

5.  Select Yes and then press the OK button

Does the test page that you printed match the example below?

MX922 Nozzle Check.jpg

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Hi Patrick,

I don't think tjis is of any importance: when connected to my laptop, the M<X922 prints the whole document, but when connected to my PC, it doesn't; the characters are missing and there are only a few grey background elements that are printed. It must be some configuration issue. I had the same thing happening many years ago but I cannot remember how I solved it...

When you printed the nozzle check, did your page look like the example that I posted above?

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

PGBK grid is missing. But it doesn't explain why the page is printing with one computer and not the other...

Hi mobermesser,

If the other computer's printer driver is set to a photo paper, then the color inks will be combined to make the black text.

Because your MX922 is not printing the black grid, please perform printhead cleanings:

1.  Please press the MENU button on your PIXMA MX922

2.  Use the down arrow key until the wrench and screwdriver icon is selected, then press OK

3.  Select Maintenance then press OK

4.  Select Deep cleaning and press OK

5.  Select Yes and press OK

Once the cleaning is complete, please print another test page.

Does the black grid appear?

Hi Patrick,

on both computer the settings are exactly the same. The old "working" computer uses the ink from the PGI-255XXL cartridge as it should when printing( I changed it a couple weeks ago) the new one prints some parts(in black)  of the document but not all the document.(PDF: gray background and drawings I added are printed, but no text at all; converted to Word doc, same problem)

I ran several deep cleaning, no change. And no the grid doesn't appear at all. This is the 4th or 5th Canon printer I had in the last 14-15 years and all died a mysterious death: working but not working... I think that i'm done with Canon this time...

Hi mobernesser,

Because the black grid does not print, even after performing numerous cleanings, your PIXMA MX922 would require service.

When was your PIXMA MX922 purchased?

This doesn't make any sense... warranty expired.  Again, this printer works PERFECTLY when connected to my old laptop, but not with my new PC.

Announcements