cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MX922 wont print black ink from computers but prints in test page

Nenaboricua
Apprentice

My canon MX922 stopped printing black ink. I performed a deep cleaning and in the test printing, it prints black ink. I tried with a different computer and it still doesn't print black ink. I need help

1 REPLY 1

Darius
Whiz

Hi Nenaboricua.

The MX922 features two black ink tanks. The PGI black ink is what is used for text; it's represented on the Nozzle Check by the PGBK grid.  The net pattern is NOT the same as the black bars surrounding the C, M, Y, or BK lines, which appear below the PGBK pattern on the Nozzle Check.

If that grid does not show up on the Nozzle Check, then that ink cartridge is not providing ink to the page.  Check that the vent on the top of the PGI ink cartridge is unobstructed, and that the bright orange protective tape has been completely removed from the top.

If the problem persists, perform a Print Head Cleaning, followed by another Nozzle Check.  Repeat once if needed.  If the problem is not resolved after two Print Head Cleanings, perform a Deep Cleaning, followed by another Nozzle Check.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Announcements