cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MX922 won't print on glossy

PPCer
Contributor

Every time I try to copy a photo onto glossy paper, it says I'm out of paper. If I try just regular paper, it's fine. then each time I would choose a different paper type, it would tell me I'm out of paper. The paper is 2/3rd full. I've been messing with this for three hours. I give up!!! Does anyone have any suggestions? Also I have taken all of the paper out of the tray and put it back in several times.

Thanks

8 REPLIES 8

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi PPCer,

Are you attempting to make a copy using your PIXMA MX922 by itself?

Or are you attempting to print from your computer?

If you are attempting to print from your computer, what version of Windows is installed on your computer?

If you are using a Mac, what version of OSX is installed?

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I have windows 10 pro and printing from my computer.

Thanks,

PPCer

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi PPCer,

I forgot to ask, what is the size of the glossy paper that you are attempting to print with?

Also, what application on your computer are you using to print your images?

Have you tried using Easy-PhotoPrint EX?

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

8.5 x 11   Easy-PhotoPrint

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi PPCer,

Please follow these steps:

1.  Press the Windows key on your keyboard and the letter R, then let both go.

2.  In the Run window, please type CONTROL and click OK.

3.  Click on View devices and printers (or Devices and printers, depending on your view).

4.  Right click the Canon MX920 series and left click on Printing Preferences.

In the Printing Preferences window, please set the Media Type to Glossy.  Please set the Printer Paper Size to Letter 8.5" x11".

Click Apply and then OK.

Once set, please attempt to print.

figure:OK on the Quick Setup tab

Patrick,

I don't know why but I did what you said and everything is working. I REALLY appreciate the help.

Thank you Sir,

PPCer

Can I have the steps to make this work for my Mac?? I'm having trouble printing on 8.5x11 matte photo paper. 

Hi,

Please click HERE for the steps to change the paper type on the MacOS. 

Announcements