cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MX922 won't print Word or Excel Documents

DougDB
Apprentice

Pixma MX922 will not print Word or Excel documents.  Downloaded "new" drivers from virtual assistant and now documents don't even show up on th print que.  Solution???

4 REPLIES 4

Stephen

Hello!

So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know about any error messages you're seeing, and the Computer Operating System you're using (Windows Vista/7/8/10 or macOS 10.x), as well as the way you connect to your device (USB or WiFi).

Any other details you'd like to give will only help the Community better understand your issue!

If you're in the United States, and this is an urgent support need, please click HERE to visit your My Canon Account to discover your personalized support options. 

If you're outside of the USA, please click HERE to find support options in your country.

Thanks and have a great day!

Sorry this reply took so long.

No error messages

OS windows 10

Copnnecting via WIFI

Problem occurs mostly when attempting to print MS word docs and MS excel docs. Documents show up in print queue but will not print.  I have learned how to stop the print spooler, delete files (FP00001.SHD and FP00001.SPL) to clear the print queue.  This allows me to print pdf documents but I am still unable to print  Word and Excel documents.

The printer works great with my wife's Macbook.  The issue only occurs when printing from my PC laptop.

I'm having the exact same problem, hope we get resolution soon. I wonder if recent Windows 10 updated bollixed up everything.

Hi DougDB,

Please make sure that you are using the latest version of Windows 10, as earlier versions had an issue with the printer spooler.

Please use the following link to perform this.  Please note, you may have to perform the update manually.  This is outlined on that page as well:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/get-the-windows-10-october-2020-update-7d20e88c-0568-483...

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements