cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MX922 won't allow 2-sided high quality printing on photo paper

kathy32199
Apprentice

error message is:  

The Two-Sided option, Long-Edge binding, is not available when Media Type is set to Matte Photo Paper.

I can print 2-sided on Plain Paper in high quality (which isn't really high quality), but selecting 2-sided, high quality and any other paper type results in the above error message.  I'm working on a Mac, but I think this is a printer issue.  I was able to do this before, but it was a long time ago and I don't remember how I did it! 

Any suggestions?

3 REPLIES 3

BillS
Mentor

Hi kathy32199,

I'm afraid that two-sided printing is not supported for any photo paper.  The option for two-sided will be grayed-out if anything other than "Plain Paper" is selected.  I regret any inconvenience.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Please call or email us at one of the methods on the Contact Us page for further assistance.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I got a MX922 two days ago to replace ar recently deceased 10 year old IP4300. It is up and running but I too could not print on 2 sided brochure paper. Two sided printing is only on plain paper? I could lie to the printer but I don’t think I would be satisfied with the prints

It also does not have an auto on and off function. 

These lacks were not pointed out when I decided to go with the MX922. In fact the sales person harped on and on about the 2 sided printing. The prints are great but having to flip the photo paper is a hardship I don’t need.

The lack of an auto on and off function makes the wireless mode next to useless for me. I cannot have someone running in to turn the printer on for mobile print jobs.

I have a Pro 100. It too does not do 2 sided printing but the IP4300 did and I kept it connected to my always on PC. I had wireless mobility and 2 sided, printing on all the paper media I use.

I will probably take this MX922 back and find something that has the additional functions I need/want.

I’m looking for a model near the same price range with as good prints.

TGWH
Contributor

Just got back and saw these.

You are correct.This is a printer issue. My now defunct IP4300 printed, when selected, on both sides of any paper loaded and did so from both trays.

I got around the 'no 2 sided photo printing' issue by telling the MX922 it was plain paper. I loaded two sided photo paper into the bottom tray, set ithe MX922 for high quality and got excellent prints. I also get good prints when set to not set to high quality. I use HP 2 sided photo brochure paper but any 2 sided paper can be used. Just lie to the printer.

Announcements