cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MX922 will not power up

medeab
Contributor

My faithful printer will not turn on today. The power button did illuminate the copy light briefly, then it lost power entirely. I've tried removing the power supply, using different power outlets--nothing seems to work. Do these printers just suddenly die? thank you

9 REPLIES 9

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi medeab,

It is recommended that you contact one of Canon's Technical Support Representatives via phone. To contact a Technical Support Representative, please use the link below:

http://Canon.us/ContactLI

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I've called multiple times this morning-keep being told to sign up for this forum...will try with the link. Thank you

The link just takes me to the same page with the same number I have called multiple times this monrning, with no success.  I guess it's off to the trash bin with this beast and time to buy a Brother, as sad as that makes me to say.

Hi, medeab!  Support for our PIXMA printers requires registration which you'll find HERE.  Over-the-phone support may not be available for older models and this forum will be your best resource for support if that's the case.

Hope this clears things up!

Hi Danny-thanks, I did this already, too. I guess no one can help me fix this poor printer! Thanks again.

Hi medeab,

Based on the troubleshooting steps you have taken already, it looks like your MX922 has experienced an internal hardware failure and would need to be replaced. I only say replaced because to service the printer at a local electronics repair shop would most likely end up costing more than what you paid for it.

I did want to let you know that you qualify for the Canon Upgrade program. This is for out of warranty units which have been diagnosed to require service or are incompatible with a new or upgraded system. This program allows you the opportunity to purchase a replacement product discounted from the list price. Free ground shipping is included with your purchase. 

If you would like to take advantage of this offer, please call our Sales Department at (866) 443-8002 Mon-Sat, 9 AM to 9pm EST. Let them know you have been working with technical support and that the Canon Upgrade Program was offered.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Arthur J., thank you very much. I will call tomorrow! Best, Medea

I got the same error message last night ,while printing, to turn off the computer, pull the power cord and call customer support.

Which I have tried to do.  Did they give you any first steps to troubleshoot the problem? and did it work?

danri92131

snmohanram
Apprentice

Same problem, please suggest your solution.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements