cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MX922 vertical banding

dahllr
Apprentice

Hello,

I'm trying to resolve a vertical banding issue. I've tried cleanings and deep clenings all mnultiple times as well as the basic stuff but the issue remains.  By basic stuff I mean the paper size is correct, ink is full, etc.

I've done auto and manual print head alignment.  I have not been able to enter the numbers for the manual head alignment as there is not screen that pops up in my software.  I've done this method on my sawgrass and a pop up window shows up where you can enter the values.  I'm unable to decipher how far off anything is without that piece of the puzzle.  I've checked the manual and vertical banding doesn't show as an issue.

I'd also like to try and clean the encoder strip and encoder weel (or strip) if that's one possible issue as those were also solutions on my sawgrass.

Any help is appreciated.

Lisa

1 REPLY 1

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

I wouldn't assume that what works on one manufacturers printer will work on another.  They are completely different.

That said, the issue your describe is generally caused by a faulty or clogged printhead.  You've tried the recommended steps to resolve.  If an inkjet printer sits unused for a log time, ink can dry in the print head causing banding.  Sometimes it can be fixed with multiple cleanings, sometimes not.  Sadly its not usually a winning proposition in favor of the customer since you have to expend serious amounts of ink cleaning.  This can get expensive fast.

Clogging is more common than failure, but if it happens, replacing the printhead is the only option.  A replacement printhead for an MX922 costs about as much as the printer does new.

I wouldn't spend too much time or money trying to fix a problem on a $69 dollar printer.  It's up to you.  I've seen print head cleaning kits on Amazon that aren't too expensive.       

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements