cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MX922 stopped printing via WiFi

sundvl76
Apprentice

MX922 has been printing via wifi for 2+ years, now won't connect with any wireless devices (laptop, phone, tablet). Works fine via USB, no settings have been changed. Printer says it is connected to wifi, and I have re-established the connection both via WPS and by entering password. Verified both laptop and printer are on the same wifi "channel" (i.e. both 2G and 5G available on router). Wifi light on front of printer is lit, and position of printer and router have not been changed.

Have deleted drivers from laptop and then re-installed them, no luck. Also I deleted all references to MX922 on laptop hoping to start fresh, but laptop now cannot find the printer, although it detects other wireless devices. Phone and tablet get message that printer is either not available or off-line. Rebooting printers and devices has not helped.

I'm thinking there's something amiss with the printer itself, some hardware failure that won't allow 2-way wifi communication. How can I test?

Incidentally, this problem seemed to appear after a W10 update a few weeks ago, but I can't be sure they are related.

Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi sundvl76,

I would check the network setting of the printer. Please click HERE for the steps  to print the network settings directly from the printer.

Once the network settings print, please reply with the following items from the sheet: Connection and Signal Strength.

Also, please open a web browser on your computer, and in the address bar, please type the IP Address on the configuration page into the address bar. Next, tap Go or Enter to access the page. Are you able to see the printer's remote interface?

We look forward to your reply.

If this is a time sensitive matter, please contact Canon support at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666), Monday - Friday, 8:00 AM - 8:00 PM EST.

I would check the network setting of the printer. Please click HERE for the steps  to print the network settings directly from the printer.

Done

Once the network settings print, please reply with the following items from the sheet: Connection and Signal Strength.

Connection: ACTIVE

Signal Strength: 97%

Also, please open a web browser on your computer, and in the address bar, please type the IP Address on the configuration page into the address bar. Next, tap Go or Enter to access the page. Are you able to see the printer's remote interface?

No, "This site can't be reached" message received.

Also, I have verified that both my laptop and the printer are on the same SSID, and both are on "Channel 1".

Thanks!

Hi sundvl76,

Normally when the printers remote user interface is not able to be reached there is either a firewall or security setting blocking the communication and that may have happened during the update. I recommend contacting Microsoft and have then check the security settings. Just let them know that the printer is connected to the same network and has a valid ip address and signal strength and they will be able to pick up from there.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

OK, but if it is a Microsoft issue, then I'd presume that it is only blocking my W10 laptop from seeing the printer.

So why, when I attempt to access the printer via my Android tablet, am I getting the "This printer isn't available right now" message? The tablet is using the MX920 series Canon Print Service app, same IP address, same SSID.

Thanks.

Announcements