cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MX922 setup cartridges ( and most other models too I guess)

techguy
Apprentice

old printer died and had to buy a new printer

do I need to start it up the first time with the setup catridges or I can I move over the already open ones from the old one

I don't want to have an open set of cartridges not in the printer

but I don't want to mess up the new one by starting it up the first time with cartridges that are not labled setup ?

exactly how are the setup cartridges different, I have read almost every possible answer on the internet so most of them have to be inaccurate !

thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi techguy,

As long as the other inks tanks are Canon genuine ink tanks that are compatible with the printer, they should be able to be used to setup the printer; you don't have the use the Setup ink tanks to setup the printer.  If for some reason the other ink tanks do not work, you can go ahead and use the Setup ink tanks to setup the printer.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

Hi, enjeenje! 

The same information applies to the PIXMA TS9120.  The printer comes with full-size ink cartridges.

Glad we could help!

Thanks.  Now we need to see the prices come down.  I love the printer but can’t afford the ink!!

Announcements