cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MX922 scanning

rslifer
Apprentice

I have converted to Mountain Lion and have loaded the new scanner driver.  However, with Lion when I scanned a multipage document, the scanner software kept it together as one document.  Now it is coming out as separate pages and I have to set up folders for them to keep them together.  How do I change the settings to have multipage scans stay together?

28 REPLIES 28

MarkII
Rising Star

Hi rslifer,

Making an adjust to the IJ Scan Utility settings should fix this problem.  Follow these steps:

1. Open the IJ Scan Utility.
  2. Click the Settings... button in the bottom right of the window.
  3. Highlight Document Scan, to view the document scan settings.
  4. In the Save Settings section, change the Data Format to PDF (Multiple Pages) and click OK
  5. Back at the IJ Scan Utility window, load your documents in the ADF and click the Document button to start your scan.

If you have any other questions on adjusting your scan settings, please feel free to Contact Us!

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Any chance that the 922 will be able to run MP Navigator in the future?  I have an 870 and find that the software interface (MP navigator) is much easier to use and much more intuitive than the software that came with the 922.

I'm used to just dumping a pile of papers in the ADF on the 870.  I select single/double sided and color/B&W and I get a nice list of thumbnails after the scannng is complete.  Then I can simply check what thumbnails belong together.  I can make 1 document, or many individual ones.

With the 922, it seems like I have to scan each document (single or multiple page) as a scan.  I used the IJ scan utility to set the parameters for each scan.  It seems like a step backward to me from my 870 software.

FWIW, I the MP navigator won't recognize my 922.

Any support/advice would be appreciated.  I love my new 922, but the scanning functionality for my particular needs does not meet my expectations.

Hello kaylorsan.

The MX922 cannot be used with the MP Navigator.  Scanning with the MX922 would have to be done with the IJ Scan Utility or the My Image Garden program.

If additional assistance is needed, feel free to call us at 1-800-OKCANON.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Hi Michael.  Can you please confirm whether there's been any change to this?  Can the MX922 now use MP Navigator EX?  It says in the specs for the MX922 that it can, but I still have no luck. (see note #9 here).

If not, is there ANY way that support for the MX922 can be added to MP Navigator EX software??  The software's ability to display multiple thumbnails as you go is a wonderful, excellent and vital feature not present in the ScanGear software.  Having to wait until you go to save the file before seeing the scans is not very useful at all. 

Thank you.

Hi asergi,

The MP Navigator has not been updated to include the PIXMA MX922.  At this time, there are no plans to add support to the MP Navigator for PIXMA MX922 use.  Your suggestion as been passed along to our Development Team.

boo hiss!  CAnon needs to update the MP Navigator software to work with all your scanners.  the software is the a big reason buy.

Alright Canon, here's the deal:

I have a Surface Pro 3 with Win8.  I have gone to the scan navigator in the printer itself and selected the Document/PDF and then pressed to scan,  I then get a message that I have to set the PC to start scanning.  Ok, so I go to my PC (another annoying issue by the way) and I have two choices to get my scan going.  One navigation window (icon from desktop) gives me the preview/scan settings but it doesn't have the PDF option.  The other navigation window I access by searching my computer for scan, and the window appears, this one has the option for the PDF.  Halleluja!  Right?  Wrong.  It still doesn't scan multiple pages into one doc and won't allow me to select a 'save to' either.  Really?  This is so frustrating.  What gives?

How about getting this MP Navigator, as everyone raves about, to work with the MX922!  Canon believes in the impossible, not on the 'It can't be done'.  But, it looks like you have found the 'It can't be done', so not really a company you claim to be who believes in doing the impossible.  How impossible is it to get this fixed?

I really like this all in one printer, but a scanner now a days shouldn't be this difficult, specially in this awesome printer.

I am absolutely stunned that Canon would even consider dropping the most helpful, efficient, user-friendly, intuitive, handy aspect of their scanning functionality for a "new and improved" model. I've been using Canon printers and all-in-one's for years and the MP Navigator is an essential of my work flow. If Canon has no intention of adding functionality for the MX922 I will have to return this model and look for a new solution. I am extremely displeased. This is a terrible downgrade. The included IJ Scan Utility and built in scanner via printer is clunky, time consuming and antiquated.

WHAT HAPPENED HERE? PLEASE ADVISE Canon's logic in making such a terrible move that disables their long standing clients from achieving the basic functionality we are accustomed to!

SERIOUSLY?! This is the worst possible move Canon could make!
Announcements