04-02-2016 10:05 AM
Thank you...I'll try everything you suggested (I did find the "IJ Network Scanner Selector EX" made no changes and clicked on OK) If I download the driver for Win 10 I hope I don't have to reconnect the wireless...it was a beast to do TCrossett
04-07-2016 10:27 AM
You need to update the drivers.
* Go to usa.canon.com.
* Click on "Drivers & downloads"
* There will be a box to enter your model #. Example: Pixma MX922
* Toward bottom of that page you will see 5 links:
Recommended Downloads/ Drivers/ Software/ etc./ etc.
* Click on Drivers
* Select any available. (Mine had 2 available)
After the drivers are downloaded, go to the printer and select Search Again. Your PC should now apper on the screen.
04-15-2016 02:10 PM
THIS WORKED!!!! THIS WORKED THANK YOU!!!!!! my scanner has never had a problem before. then i un plugged it and moved it to another room. I kept getting that mystery message "set the pc to start scanning" it was driving me CRAZY!! thank god i found your post. Dear Canon, GET IT TOGETHER!!!! that we need a message board to "figure stuff out" is pretty obvious you need to try a llittle harder with your devices. ;-)
06-01-2016 08:57 PM
Tried turning the machine off and back on. This worked for one document. Had to repeat the process for each document. INSANITY! Reselected the printer in the settings within the Canon IJ Network Scanner Selector EX. No effect. Tried turning off and disconnecting power. No effect.
06-01-2016 08:59 PM
Which version of Windows or Mac is in use?
If this is a time-sensitive matter, our US-based technical support team is standing by, ready to help 24/7 via Email at http://bitly.com/CanonEmail or by phone at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) weekdays between 10 AM and 10 PM ET (7 AM to 7 PM PT).
06-01-2016 09:27 PM
Thanks for the updated information! The steps will vary depending on the specific version (ex. Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10). Which version do you have?
We look forward to your response!
06-02-2016 06:40 AM
I have found a "permanent," tho' annoying (because I have to invoke it from time to time) solution to this problem. I cannot explain why I need to do this, but it works with just a couple of clicks.
1) When the problem is encountered, Type "Canon IJ Network Scanner Selector EX" into the search/program box on the start menu (windows 7). Then <enter>
2) A dialogue will pop up. Your printer series should be listed. Click <OK>. Problem solved.
3) To make this permanent, go back to the start menu, where "Canon IJ Network Scanner Selector EX" should now be listed. Right click to create a shortcut, and/or pin to the taskbar. There will now be an icon of the taskbar. Then, whenever the problem occurs...
4) Click on the "Canon IJ Network Scanner Selector EX" icon on the taskbar. The dialogue window will open. click <OK> Problem solved.
It should not be necessary to do this, but when the problem occurs, the two clicks in (4) solve the problem. The problem does occur from time to time.