cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MX922 scanner problem message: set the pc to start scanning

Denise
Apprentice

I am trying to scan using my MX922 printer.  I am getting a message: "set the pc to start scanning." Can't find what this means.

88 REPLIES 88

shea
Apprentice

how do we set the PC to start scanning

AnnL
Contributor

TRY THIS IT WORKED FOR ME!!! They, (Canon) needs to change the wording on this. you're not actually "setting" anything on your computer you need to select something ON THE SCANNER itself. After pressing SCAN There are 2 buttons on the bottom.  on the left it says save/ forward on the right it says scan settings.

Choose the Save/Forward option.  Then choose OK.  Next, it should give you the option for your wireless pc connection.  On mine, it lists Local (USB) and ALSO my account which is logged in on my computer "Anns Laptop "

when I chose "Anns laptop"  that did the trick. That worked. 

If only Local (USB) appears, try either turning the printer off and back on again, or possibly doing the same with your router or modem...anything that will get the printer looking for that wireless connection again.  Why the folks at canon can't tell you where that screen is is beyond me.

Thank you AnnL.  I have been working on this problem for a week and none of the Canon posts were helping.  Your information fixed the problem in one minute!  Thank you, thank you, thank you!!

dmichlin88
Apprentice

I am getting this meessage as well and am on a surfacer running windows 10. can anyone help?

did you try what i posted? 

its a setting on your printer i believe. 

dmichlin88,

If your Surface device is ru nning a full version of Windows 10, make sure that the latest drivers are installed.  Visit www.usa.canon.com to download the latest drivers. 

If you continue to have difficulties, find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Unless you are scanning to a local disk, such as a USB drive, you have to tell the MX922 where to send the scan results, and that must be a computer that can be found on the network.  I believe that usually any machines that have the MX922 defined as an available scanner should be visable as choices to have the scan file sent to them.  I also think that the MX922 should remember the last computer delivered to unless the MX922 has been powered off, in which case you probably need to select a computer again. 

the www.usa.canon.com is a good solution for my canon mx922 problem message, I download all drivers and re install it again

latinamasio
Contributor

[Removed 3rd party link per forum guidelines] is a website promotor for canon software

Announcements