cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MX922 scanner not working

dfdunbar
Apprentice

I have a MX922 printer connected through wireless to a MacBook Pro Sierra 10.2.1.  The printer prints fine, so the wireless does work.  However I receive a prompt

"Scanner reported an error. 

Cannot communicate with scanner for these reasons:

- Scanner is turned off.

- (If using Wired LAN connection) It is disconnected from Wired LAN.

- (If using wireless LAN connection) Signal strength is poor due to obstructions.

- Network connection is prohibited by security software.

- Different scanner on the network is selected."

None of these conditions apply, but rebooting the printer and computer does not resolve the problem.  This may be the first scan I've attempted since upgrading the OS, however.

-- Dan

14 REPLIES 14

Does that mean you will not update your antivirus when a new update is available? Or would it be better to find a new free antivirus that is perhaps compatible?

It wasn't a virus definition update, it was a program update and they are going to fix the issue and re-issue the update. 

oh okay, thank you, I'm sorry I misunderstood

This worked perfectly for me.  Thanks so much for the clear instructions and help!!

ANJLIK93
Apprentice
I used to be able to scan using the IJ Scan Utility, however, no matter what I have tried (i.e. updating (even checked the firmware for available update), re-booting (including shutting down and power back up), removing the driver and adding it back after doing a hard reboot) and checking wireless LAN connection) I can no longer connect and I get the above coded error message. My operating system is Windows 10(x64) and I use AVAST free antivirus and the ZoneAlarm free firewall. I really would like to keep this printer/scanner but it's frustrating that I cannot scan directly from my laptop. I am forced to use the scan to usb option. I also make sure that my laptop and the printer itself is connected to my ATT home wifi network. Can someone provide me with guidance on how to fix this issue once and for all. Below is the message that I get and yes I have gone through each point to make sure that everything should be in working order. ScanGear X Cannot communicate with scanner for these reasons: -Scanner is turned off. -(If using LAN connection) it is disconnected from LAN. -(If using wireless LAN connection) Signal strength is poor due to obstructions. -Network connection is prohibited by security software. -Different scanner on the network is selected. Please check and try again. Click (Scanner Selection) if you want to select another scanner. Scanner driver will be closed. Code:5,157,69
Announcements