cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MX922 prints wirelessly, but won't scan

dkutzen
Apprentice

PixmaMX922, Mac OS 10.12.6.  Prints via WiFi, but can't find the printer for scanning.  This did work in the past.  I recently changed routers, but like I said, it does print.  Error says USB isn't connected, or wireless signal is week, or wrong network is selected.  I tried reinstalling the drivers.  thanks.

6 REPLIES 6

BillS
Mentor

Hi dkutzen,

Let's start by checking the printer's connection to the network.

1. Make sure the printer is turned on, and there's a sheet of A4 or Letter-sized paper loaded.
  2. Press the Menu button.
  3. Select Setup, then press OK.
  4. Select  Device settings, then press OK.
  5. Use the arrow buttons UPDOWN to select LAN settings, then press OK.
  6. Use the arrow buttons UPDOWN to select Confirm LAN settings, then press OK.
  7. Use the arrow buttons UPDOWN to select Print LAN details, then press OK.
  8. Use the arrow buttons UPDOWN to select Yes, then press OK to start printing.
  9. The printer prints a page containing your network configuration details.

Much of the information will not be relevant, but the important things to look at are:

1. Is the connection active or inactive?

2. Does the SSID (network name) match the one the computer uses?

3. What is the signal strength?

4. What is the IPv4 IP address?

I look forward to your reply.

Hello BILLS.  Thanks for the reply.

I have 2 MX922s in different locations, so I know that I can scan wirelessly using my laptop on the other.  Now I'm trying to get my home one to work.  I can't scan wirelessly with any computer on the home machine, but the laptop seems to be the best control right now.

1)Connection active

2) SSID.  Same as computer

3)Signal strength 100%

IPv4 IP  172.16.0.5

Any follow up?

Hi dkutzen,

Thanks for that information.  Let's next delete and re-add the printer.

1. Click on the Apple logo in the upper left of your screen.

2. Select "System Preferences."

3. Select "Printers and Scanners."

4. Highlight the MX920 on the left side and click the "-" sign in the lower left.

5. Confirm the deletion.

6. Click the "+" sign in the lower left.

7. Select “Add Printer or Scanner.”

8. Select the "Canon IJ Network" connection type (May take a moment to appear.)

9. Press "Add."

This didn't answer your question or issue? Please call or email us at one of the methods on the Contact Us page for further assistance.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I've done this already. Also uninstalled and reinstalled drivers. I just hard USB wired the printer. Got tired of trying to figure it out.

bravisimo
Apprentice

I have been having issues my my MX922 as well.

It does not want to scan. Upun further examimning the printer, the printer icon had a warning saying that my ink is low. To be more exact, its just the black ink. 

WHO CARES!!! Im not asking it to print! Im asking to scan! I dont need ink to scan! Plus, I have another cartridge thats full of black ink so technically, I still have ink!! All other color cartridges are full as well!

SO WHATS THE PROBLEM CANON!!!??? Why cant i just scan?? All software on my macbook air is up to date! 

So what I did earlier was I turned off thr printer, and thrn quit the canon printer on my mac. Then I restarted the printer and open the canon scanner on my mac. I scanned one item successfully, BUT GUESS WHAT HAPPENED after the first scan? It stopped scanning!! Cat MadCat MadCat Mad 

SO, Canon. How are you going to fix this issue??

Announcements